Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Project Manager will manage complex cross-functional project teams working on projects to promote the development of candidate drugs and vaccines, as well as other projects as needed. This position will collaborate with private business clients, functional managers, senior management, subcontractors, and government funding agencies to ensure integration of project, company, and functional department goals. The Project Manager will manage progress to ensure key requirements and milestones are identified and met.
- Leading cross-functional project teams, managing the day-to-day operations, and serving as the primary internal point of contact for the project
- Creating and implementing project plans and overseeing their successful execution
- Proactively identifying, assessing and managing project risks
- Clearly communicating project status, issues, and successes to project teams, senior management, private business clients, and government clients
- Developing and managing project timelines, budgets, and financial forecasts
- Managing technical, business, and contractual relationships with vendors, consultants, private business clients, and government clients
- Applying project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, and closing of projects
- Performing other duties as assigned/required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in biological science or business-related field
- An advanced degree in science and / or business is preferred
- Certification in project management is required (i.e. PMP, CAPM, or equivalent)
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment is preferred
- Experience working with contract development and manufacturing clients is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated experience building and leading strong cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing drug (small molecule), biologic, and vaccine development projects including technology transfer is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiating, influencing, and active listening
- Fluent with regularly used software applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio)
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.