Director, Development Design Center
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
As a Director, Development Design you will facilitate the use of predictive analytics and real world data to create more robust clinical programs and studies. Responsible for communication and presentation of key information/strategy to senior and executive management. Establishes strategic planning for drug development activities and projects to achieve departmental strategies, goals, and objectives.
Utilizes drug development expertise to provide appropriate interpretation and of data and relates implications of results to management. Serves as liaison to other departments /divisions for any study/project needs. Influences and strategically manages linkages across businesses and understands the impact of business decisions and solutions.
- Provides expert scientific and strategic consultation to R&D by providing real time feedback on the impact of study design choices on costs, timeline, patient selection and recruitment for the Abbvie portfolio.
- Provide advice to cross-functional development teams using state of the art analytics and real world data.
- Identify clinical trial design problems to impact decision making in Drug Development across TA's. Improve and standardize the clinical trial development process across the portfolio.
- Provides leadership and develops strategic recommendations to clinical development therapeutic areas and development operations around protocol development, study design and study execution. Responsible for leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Anticipates and leads issue resolution. Evaluate the impact of development scenarios on overall timelines and study cost. Negotiates with other functional areas on project outcomes and deliverables to meet conflicting demands (time, cost, quality/ performance)
- Champion the use of novel statistical analysis including adaptive designs
- Actively manages project team behaviors, mediates team disputes, and facilitates establishment of healthy and high performing teams. Identifies and develops process improvement initiatives and reviews recommendations with management for approval and sponsorship.
- Serve as business subject matter expert for critical tool utilized in the DDC.
Provide drug development guidance to the DDC analysts and mentor them as appropriate.
- Serve as subject matter expert for critical design center tools, i.e. TriNextx and ta-Scan.
- Provide drug development guidance and mentorship to the DDC analysts.
** Level will be based on education and experience. **
- BSN, PharmD, PhD, or MD in a health care field Team, drug development, and scientific project leadership or related experience Advanced project leadership experience of 7 + years related to clinical research, drug development and department operations. Proven record of successful projects Recognized as an expert with global knowledge of AbbVie and Pharma drug development processes Recognized leader in complex scientific analyses, business-related procedures, and leadership of multiple projects Demonstrated leadership skills with broad scientific, strategic and business-related orientations Requires multi-faceted, broad-based experience in multiple functions. Considered to have in depth knowledge of drug development issues and business needs
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.