Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company determined to discover, develop, and deliver innovative treatments that provide hope to underserved patient communities.
We are seeking for a toxicologist to lead safety strategies for small molecule discovery programs while interacting with research and development teams. This position reports to the Head of Toxicology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as Project Toxicologist on project teams in Research
- Develops candidate selection screening strategies, as well as designs, implements, and oversees screening studies at CROs
- Collaborates with Research to develop critical pathways to select development candidates
- Leads investigative toxicology studies as needed
- Works closely with Toxicology Study Manager to ensure timely completion of nonclinical studies with attention to quality
- Serves as Study Monitor as needed
- Maintains awareness of current and emerging standard practices and guidelines in the field
- PhD or equivalent in toxicology, pharmacology, or related discipline, preferably with DABT certification
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry (minimum of 3 to 5 years)
- Experience in drug discovery/discovery toxicology, managing small molecule drug candidates
- Experience with predictive toxicology methods preferred
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with managing studies conducted at CROs
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.