Director, Trade Relations
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Director, Trade Relations (DTR) will serve as the lead point of contact for Trade Relation activities across key national and regional channel accounts. The DTR will lead all contracting efforts for Horizon products for their respective distribution channel partners. The DTR is responsible for managing weekly customer Horizon product purchases and Trade customer inventories. The DTR will also be responsible for developing business relationships with appropriate individuals within each Trade account to meet the business needs of the customer and Horizon. They are responsible for developing, maintaining and executing Trade customer business plans that deliver on the distribution agreements. The DTR will be responsible for working with Sales Management to assist with any Horizon product, pharmacy or other issues that may arise. The DTR will work closely with internal customers: Finance, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Marketing, Managed Care, Contracting and Legal to ensure interdepartmental activities are coordinated and occur in accordance with company policy. The DTR will help coordinate Trade industry activities that include Trade shows, association meetings, wholesaler national meetings, regional wholesaler meetings and pharmacy conferences. Key account responsibilities can include, but are not limited to distributors, direct stocking retail chains, individual pharmacies and chain pharmacies stocked by wholesalers
- Maximize channel partner opportunities across the entire Horizon portfolio in accordance with product labeling and Company policies.
- Develop and grow business partnerships/relationships within designated accounts and ensure the proper purchasing, stocking and inventory of Horizon products to achieve performance goals within assigned accounts.
- Analyze and understand local environment, Trade customer business, and align Horizon priorities to create Trade customer plans that deliver results that contribute to the defined business objectives.
- Monitor Trade customers adhering to Distribution Services Agreements and take action as appropriate (monitor customer contacts, plan execution, service fees, distribution service value, 852 & 867 data and market share).
- Develop effective relationships with Key Senior level and administrative roles within each account (CEO, Sr. VP, VP, Dir. Of Purchasing, Industry Relations, etc.).
- Review and monitor daily Trade Sales to ensure purchases are aligned with demand.
- Review and monitor all returns to ensure they only occur in accordance with Horizon Returns Policy.
- Work closely with manufacturing and finance to ensure the successful distribution of all Horizon products to direct purchasing customers.
- Seek out opportunities for partnership to achieve both Horizon and customer goals.
- Identify area and regional specific opportunities and barriers to ensure corporate success.
- Understand and engage in key local, national, and international health care issues/strategies, customer issues/trends and best practices to establish credibility.
- Co-develop and manage execution of jointly developed customer marketing plans, holding customer and Horizon accountable for plan execution.
- If applicable, negotiate and contract with all appropriate channel accounts.
- Provide leadership and development to internal and external matrix teams to support strong relationships with national and regional accounts.
- Maintain open communication throughout the organization, especially in regards to cross-region and cross-functional customer efforts.
- Review and analyze contracted Trade customers performance and communicate account performance broadly with key internal stakeholders.
- Exercise sound judgment and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Adhere to relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines and Company policies.
- Attend/staff/participate in meetings and/or conferences as requested by management.
- Foster Horizon core values and leadership behaviors.
- The employee will be responsible for developing and implementing his/her own business plans.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- 5+ years successful experience in management in the pharmaceutical industry (contracting and negotiation experience required).
- Working knowledge of Trade customer segments, distributors and retailers.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions, but with the knowledge of the situations where supervisory input is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships and work collaboratively.
- Fosters innovation in account approaches and practices.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to work within date-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments along with demonstrated integrity on the job.
- Strong attention to detail combined with a keen ability to recognize issues in the context of higher-level policies and regulations.
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Recent launch experience with infused products
- Experience in infused therapies and rare diseases
- Strong track record of collaboration and leadership of key initiatives
- Previous finance/analytics background with focus on strategic planning
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Ability and willingness to conduct field travel, as well as to travel to sales meetings, client sites, etc. including overnight travel (>50%)
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.