Sr Statistical Geneticist
Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of 100,000s of genotyped and sequenced humans, with the goal of generating the knowledge to enable Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. Work collaboratively with other experts in genomic data analysis, biology, computation and medicine to design, execute and refine analyses that connect genetic variation to human diseases and health and help develop and implement the methods and tools that will enable these analyses to be executed and interpreted at scale.
- Expertise with genome scale analyses with genotype or sequence data is critical. Demonstrated ability to execute and interpret analyses of genomewide association analysis, with sequencing or genotyping data as a substrate, is crucial.
- Expertise in groundbreaking genomic analyses and their application to complex human traits is encouraged. The successful candidate will use Mendelian to randomization to elucidate causal mechanisms, will use pathway information and other functional data to prioritize effector genes and causal mechanisms, and will be routinely combine information across multiple traits or variants to generate insights.
- Critically review and provide input on analyses plans, results and summaries to ensure they are accurate and reliable. Identify potential problems and propose remedies or refinements.
- PHD + 5+ years' relevent experience
- Ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to summarize and present the results of human genetic studies to a variety of technical audiences, ranging from specialists in statistical genetics and computation to specialists in biology, drug design and medicine
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accomodations you think you need.
• Knowledge of genomewide analyses and approaches, including quality control options for genomic data, approaches for association analysis in the presence of relatedness or population structure, and approaches for burden based analyses.
• Experience with multiple tools for large scale genetic analyses (e.g. PLINK, EPACTS, SAIGE, minimac, METAL/RAREMETAL).
• Understanding of strategies and methods for genotype imputation, haplotyping, relationship inference and/or polygenic risk score estimation.
• Ability to summarize and distil results concisely. Excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
• Expertise with the analysis of DNA sequence data is a plus.
• Expertise in developing analysis packages and tools is highly desired, as demonstrated by leadership or contributor roles to statistical packages available on GitHub or elsewhere.
3 years of experience post PhD expected but not essential.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
An important note about privacy: Regeneron is committed to your privacy and will not ask for sensitive personal information such as social security number, date of birth or bank account details via email or social media. We do not interview candidates on Google Hangouts. Any questions about job listings can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also do not hire for "at-home data entry" positions.