AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
- Responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing goods and services in alignment with agreed category strategies. Execute the competitive bidding process in accordance with the Organization's Purchasing Policy
- Leads a team of purchasing professionals, providing coaching and management to ensure functional and enterprise goals are achieved in an effective and compliant manner
- Responsible for developing and maintaining internal stakeholder relationships. Meet regularly with internal customers and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement, including monthly / regular reporting and updates
- Identify, support, and implement short-term and long-term cost reduction strategies (sourcing events, spend consolidation or rationalization, efficiency projects, proactive supplier negotiations, etc.)
- Understand the Organization's approved buying channels and contracting policy for goods and services and help guide requestor's to the appropriate buying channel
- Develop and maintain a supply base that ensures the best value for quality, delivery, pricing, service, etc. Includes over-sight of all new vendor requests, in alignment with preferred supplier networks and relevant category strategy
- Support and implement preferred supplier network for certain spend categories and help drive spend to these suppliers
- Proactive management of local suppliers including anticipation, resolution and communication. Analyze supplier performance using established rating systems (eg supplier metrics program, suppliers' goals, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of external guidelines (eg FDA, Customs, TSCA, USDA, PhRMA, etc) to ensure compliance
- Identify, develop and implement standardized buying practices to ensure adequacy of supply chain. Educate requisitioners on the same
- Effectively develop and negotiate contracts and agreements in alignment with agreed category strategies, partnering with Legal as appropriate. Must leverage data from multiple sources and systems to support the negotiation process
- Support AbbVie category strategies and obtain client approval of category strategies. Communicate with the relevant Category Manager to help identify major opportunities
- work with high ethical standard, in compliance with the law and the AbbVie policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in a purchasing agent / buyer role, preferably in Pharmaceutical industry or similar business-related experience
- Analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Knowledge of purchasing policy
- Contract negotiations experience
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- CPM certification desired (or equivalent)
- Experience with SAP (SRM, ECC), e-Sourcing and contract management tools preferred, but not required
- Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.