Manager II, Commercial Analytics - US Specialty
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Manager, Marketing Analytics is to provide analytic leadership and integrate marketing and sales information to:
- Strengthen the Brand and Sales teams understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through tracking and analysis of physician, account and competitive data at a national and sub-national level
- Partner with Brand and Sales Leadership to align Marketing strategies and key priorities to marketing and sales force execution
- Support current and future Specialty Brand portfolio and identify launch and competitive defense opportunities
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication
Key AbbVie Responsibilities:
- Conduct national and sub-national analysis and report key insights to stakeholders that include Sr. Leadership, Marketing and Sales Leadership.
- Solid understanding of various data sets leveraged by Sales and Marketing organizations
- Identify and address key business issues relative to product performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspective is considered, and integrate all available information specific to the issue
- Effectively communicate results of complex analytical models and influence action to improve brand performance
- Leverage/build innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Partner with Abbvie analytic colleagues to elevate the use of analytic modeling methods to further optimize Sales and Marketing execution
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis preferred.
- This position requires 6-8 years of relevant experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies, and 7-9 years of professional experience. It also requires strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: anticipate future needs, build collaborative partnerships, design and implement innovative solutions, demystify complex information, communicate insights and solutions and coach for greater team effectiveness.
- Command of the following software programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Access). Experience with SAS/SPSS preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required; degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Economics or similar preferred.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Previous Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong focus on teamwork, relationship-building and influencing others; while acting courageously, constructively, and with agility and accountability.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively partner across multiple stakeholders (i.e. Sales Leadership, Brand Marketing, Sales Operations, MABI).
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.