Senior Manager, Statistical Programming
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Senior Manager of Statistical Programming is a leadership role which manages a team of statistical programmers in the research and development of new pharmaceutical products. The Senior Manager of Statistical Programming is responsible for leading the statistical programming activities for one or more compounds/indications or a therapeutic area. This role must effectively interface with Statistics, Data Sciences, Medical Writing, Regulatory Publishing and Development Operations.
- Leads the statistical programming activities for one or more compounds/indications or a therapeutic area.
- Manages a team of statistical programmers and the resource planning for their assigned projects.
- Ensures timely deliverables, that all quality processes are followed and consistency within the projects.
- Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of ADaM data sets following CDISC standards.
- Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of Tables, Listings and Figures.
- Ensures consistency of ADaM data sets for individual studies and integrated data.
- Creates documentation for regulatory filings including reviewers guides and data definition documents.
- Leads the development of standard SAS Macros and the development of standard operating procedures.
- Manages, mentors and creates career development plans for assigned staff.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of new staff.
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 9+ years of relevant experience. OR BS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 11+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading a team of statistical programmers.
- In-depth understanding of SAS programming concepts and techniques related to drug development.
- In-depth understanding of CDISC Standards.
- In-depth understanding of the drug development process, including experience with regulatory filings.
- Ability to communicate clearly both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively represent the Statistical Programming Organization in cross functional teams.
- Ability to accurately estimate effort required for project related programming activities.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.