Technical Project Manager
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Technical Project Manager, IT, is responsible for the day to day support of the systems that support the appropriate business team operationally. Besides the support, the role is responsible for further enhancements to the existing systems, as well as development of new systems, technologies and procedures. Technical Project Manager, IT is responsible for daily support to all the users of the appropriate business applications. The mission is to provide fast, reliable, high quality support to business users and to interact with relevant corporate units and Abbvie affiliates in support of the specific business . This position will report to the Director Service Delivery Management.
- The Technical Project Manager, IT is responsible for supporting the appropriate business unit and BTO in accessing, using, updating and maintaining their information in related systems. Information in the system is used for multiple purposes including study management, generating reports, and informing appropriate stakeholders of any issues.
- Divisional Policies and procedures; Knowledge of suite of business appropriate applications, including specific in-depth knowledge of related reporting and monitoring tools.
- In depth knowledge of all related Business processes; Provide first level support for suite of applications supported by the department; Enter the requests into the call tracking database and interact with the relevant specialist as necessary.
- SOPS, updates of reference data, enhancement recommendations); Development of user Support Documentation; Test system configuration & enhancements; Where required, to archive studies
- Support all users, internal and external, using appropriate applications for tracking related information; Communicate information and know-how to end user community; Participate in ongoing department and team meetings
- Assists in implementing appropriate cost reduction programs based on identified opportunities for efficiencies; Function as the regulatory inspection contact; Where required to archive studies; Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, SOPs and procedures; Ensure processes and standards are utilized.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that the System(s) meets user needs and regulatory and quality requirements worldwide. A well-functioning, up-to-date system is key to achieving global compliance. Failure to maintain the System and support users could lead to noncompliance with regulatory requirements
- The Technical Project Manager, IT is responsible for supporting responsible for supporting the appropriate business unit and BTO in accessing, using, updating and maintaining their information in related systems in setting up and maintaining their related systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, statistics, management information systems, computer science, life sciences or equivalent is required.
- Has a minimum of five years' experience in monitoring/managing clinical trials; Has high affinity to software systems.; Preferably, has knowledge of appropriate business specific applications.
- Good Communication / Presentation skills, written and verbal; Comfortable with Technology; Problem Solver
- Knowledgeable about Business processes and how it fits into the AbbVie organization
- Shows high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Has critical reasoning skills including the identification and resolution of complex problems
- Decisions and actions have a direct impact on the quality of the information in the system as well as the timeliness for use by the Business Team. The position requires the ability to balance multiple priorities across multiple areas.
- Anticipates issues; understands the implications and interrelationships of those issues to the Business Team and other areas. Able to distinguish between issues that they can resolve and those that need escalation.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.