Associate Scientific Director, Psoriasis
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Associate Scientific Director, Psoriasis/Psoriatic Arthritis will work closely with the Derm GMAT, GBT, and other teams like, publications, HEOR, clinical development, and market Access to develop and ensure cross functional alignment core brand strategies, medical affairs plans, marketing initiatives and key market access activities. Provide medical/scientific strategic and operational input into core medical affairs activities in the Global Dermatology Therapeutic Area with focus on Risankizumab and RoRyt in Psoriasis/Psoriatic Arthritis (Pso/PsA). Help in developing the GMA plan and drive the execution.
- Help develop Global functional Plan with manager oversight. Develop external communication plans (e.g. Medical Education, Advisory Board, EE Engagement Plan, Conference plan) in line with a TA or brand plan. Execute elements of the communication or conference plan
- Lead activity related to the generation of data supporting scientific and business strategy. May be responsible for direction and planning of; phase IIIb/IV studies, registry studies, database and exploratory data analysis.
- Engage in product/indication specific exploratory analysis of existing data sources (both internal and external) to develop insights in optimization of therapy, improved clinical outcomes, enhanced value proposition, and new insights into disease pathophysiology. Share insights with appropriate stakeholders and integrate into global publication and strategic plans.
- Develop product/indication specific training materials and ensure it is current, comprehensive, and accurate and serve as key educator for internal team.
- Lead the development and execution of medical tactics, lead local and global Ad Boards and train the affiliate's medical staff on Develop and update the Q&A documents.
- Engage with global and regional EE to share our data as appropriate. Interact with professional societies to share Data and facilitate the evolution of SOC
- Lead the execution of the educational symposia during major congress.
- Lead Provide TA medical Research Leadership in formal scientific review of submitted Investigator Initiated or Affiliate Studies (e.g. post marketing affiliate guidance with input of clinical stakeholders for IIS and affiliate run studies within the respective TA.
- Collaborate with clinical and the Medical Research Group in the overall clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV), IIS projects, etc.) Provide timely and interactive feedback to achieve optimal study designs and to ensure adequate study progress.
- Identify and summarize data that supports external communication tactics (e.g. DOF). Contribute to the generation of externally focused scientific statements or communication messages. Generate content for externally facing written communication (e.g. GMI letters, HCP directed promotional or educational materials)
- Contribute to the design of data generation projects (e.g. clinical trials, RWE, MABI research) and execute safety appropriate for the project
- May interact with and coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc...) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects.
- Keeps abreast of professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a Derm therapeutic area resource.
- Therapeutic Area Technical Expertise (Dermatology/Immunology).
- Communication Skills.
- Total Quality Management (TQM) Skills.
- Problem/Conflict Solving Ability.
- Priority Setting.
- Top Tier Global Key Opinion Leaders in Dermatology.
- Global Institutions and Scientific or Medical Societies.
- Global HEOR.
- Global Marketing and Commercial.
- Global Medical Publishing.
- Public Affairs.
- Area Medical personnel: Associate Director / Director Area Medical.
- Area/Regions TA Medical Leads.
- Affiliate medical personnel (i.e. Affiliate Medical Directors, Medical Advisors).
- Area Commercial & Marketing department(s)
AUTHORITY AND REPORTING LINES
- This position is part of the Derm Therapeutic Area Medical Affairs Global team.
- Reporting is directly to Pso/PsA Global Lead.
- Advanced Degree PhD, PharmD, PA, NP highly preferred. Residency or additional post doctorate experience highly preferred.
- Typically 8 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent; substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area required.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in the design of protocols preferred.
- May have performed protocol design in the academic environment and/or acted as an assistant PI.
- Interactions normally require the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects and schedules, etc.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- May interact with and coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects.
- May assist as consultant and liaison with other corporations when working under licensing agreements and/or in the evaluation of new business development opportunities.
- Represents AbbVie at external meetings including investigator meetings, scientific association meetings, etc.
- Works with some supervision and guidance. Exercises judgment within well-defined practices and policies.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES:
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment, adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Considers change or new situations as opportunities for learning and growth. Perseveres when encountering adversity. When confronted with a problem or crisis considers alternatives and then takes timely action. Effectively prioritizes work tasks.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives, is proactive. Maintains a strong focus on internal and/or external customers. Continuously monitors relevant information, key issues and/or trends. Proactively seeks feedback and adapts behavior to improve performance. Demonstrates a willingness to learn new aspects of the business.
- Innovation: Generates innovative solutions in work situations, tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities. Uses best practice and benchmark data to increase organizational performance. Identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Integrity: Firmly adheres to codes of conduct and ethical principles. Exhibits honesty. Presents information accurately and completely. Keeps commitments to work colleagues and customers. Acknowledges and responds constructively to failure and mistakes.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships with internal and external partners to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Helps others achieve shared goals. Demonstrates a willingness to listen without interrupting. Open to diverse and different ideas.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.