Senior Technology Engineer I
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to advancement of technology for US Commercial Operations. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development of Sales Call Planning/Targeting systems and processes as well as Commercial Data Management (e.g., new, enhancements and maintenance).
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, or technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit. Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems using analytical problem-solving methods/techniques and associated tools/devices.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- Ensure sales force call plans are published to Field Sales Representatives and data is available to downstream systems.
- Perform/ Coordinate data loads and data extracts and work closely with operations team.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to realty.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and schedules completion date.
- Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
- Set the strategy for implementing new technologies.
- Provide technical leadership and mentors and consults with less experienced staff in in planning, methods, procedures, standards and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree and typically 10 years of experience, Master's Degree and typically 8 years of experience.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Experience in data analysis and data audits.
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to gather requirements and develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, mapping documents for data integration and technical requirements for data warehouse/data lake applications.
- Ability to work with IT and business teams to coordinate multiple IT projects in the sales planning area.
- Ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, with tact and diplomacy.
- Preferred technical skills: Teradata SQL, SQL Assistant, Oracle SQL Developer, IBM SPSS Modeler, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, SAS, Relational Databases.
- Preferred knowledge: Project Management skills, good understanding of pharmaceutical industry and related data, experience working with Sales Planning and Sales Operations Teams.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.