Senior Manager, Patient Experience and Onboarding, Global Learning
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
A strategic and value-adding learning partner to global brand teams and affiliates, expert in performance optimization, capability building and change management, providing high impact, cross-functional learning experience and programs, fostering best practices sharing and taking, which enable AbbVie and its matrix teams to be always future ready now and ahead of the curve. Will lead the EPE capability building Learning strategy definition and execution, the "Accelerate to Win" on-boarding program and other FutureFit capability building learning programs, based on the needs and priorities.
- Under the guidance of the Commercial Leadership Team, the Global Customer Excellence Leadership Team (GM, Capabilities Directors and Functional Senior Directors), the FutureFit Operating Team (GCEX LT, Area CEX & BTS, Capability Functional Leads, Go-to-GBT Leads), and the EPE Capability Building Team Lead, has a strategic oversight for all learning programs/experience aiming at building Exceptional Patient Experience in our Affiliates and in our global brand teams.
- Reporting into the Director, Capabilities, Global Learning, works closely with Area/Core Affiliates (i.e. Cex and BTS Directors, EPE and Learning Leads, Brand Team Leaders/Commercial Directors, Medical Directors) to ensure Affiliates have the right EPE Capability building Implementation Plans and required content and resources to execute flawlessly.
- Works closely with the global brand teams (GMs, GBTLs) to ensure they receive the learning and development they require to become strong partners in delivering optimal content and programs to support our Affiliates when it comes to EPE.
- Leads the "Accelerate to Win" on-boarding program for new hires from GMCO, GCD, GMAP and GMA so that they acquire quickly the knowledge, the behaviors and the required skillset to be at the top of their game in their new role at AbbVie.
- Working with the GCEX LT, to ensure respective EPE learning programs deliver measurable/impact outcomes across the globe.
- Working closely with GMCO and BTS to ensure alignment with our core processes, ways of working and systems.
- Working closely with BHR and Talent, to ensure total alignment as we build our competency models, for our matrix teams such as IFTs.
- Working closely with the Director, BEA/Strategic Initiatives Global Learning to ensure integration of the right EPE content in the Brand Excellence Academy.
- Leads on the design and delivery of innovative learning solutions across the entire organisation, always ensuring excellence in execution and that organizational and global learning goals are supported
- As part of the Capabilities Global Learning team, makes sure to connect the dots between the capabilities building in line with our AbbVie Operating Model, shares and takes best practices.
- Manages complex stakeholder relationships and external providers efficiently and effectively to time and to budget with clear measurable outcomes
- Shares agreed outcome metrics for core initiatives, results, best practices and learnings across learning network at Area and Global levels
- Maintains a high level of Continuing Professional Development in Learning & Development, keeping up to date, external and internal benchmarking.
- Biopharma/AbbVie knowledge
- Possess business knowledge of the bio-pharma sector including knowledge of the external environment, relevant stakeholders and our customers
- Possess knowledge of the AbbVie business, our organization, our brands, our therapeutic areas, products, pipeline and competition
- Manage stakeholders effectively, both internally and externally, using advanced communication, influence and marketing skills, being sensitive to people's needs and being able to deal with people at different levels. Internal stakeholders include, but are not limited to, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Business HR, and Talent and Development functions.
- With strong emotional intelligence, build relationships founded on trust
- Be engaging and fun to work with, stimulate others with enthusiasm, energy and a can-do attitude
- Leverage an internal and external learning network; be a valued and reliable partner
- Consistently demonstrate the AbbVie Ways we Work
- Be open-minded and curious, combined with a highly innovative and creative approach, always and looking for opportunities to improve, and embed this behavior in the organization
- Expertise in strategic thinking and planning, always aligning learning strategies and priorities based on critical business needs and strategies to add the most value
- Possess knowledge of leading-edge learning theories, practices, benchmarks, systems, technologies and digital learning
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills (verbal and written), active listening, effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Simplify, clarify and focus, bringing in best practice in learning, acting with agility and being open to adjust and adapt; building a sustainable learning culture with learning agility
- Be a change agent who empowers others through advice and expertise in learning and behavioral change, including instructional design
- Manage learning programs and interventions from vision and strategy to implementation, delivery and facilitation; leveraging staff where required, and employing creative approaches
- Be confident in coaching and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Apply a performance consulting approach through the effective application of the six elements of Performance Essentials
- Ensure resources are used optimally; measuring outcomes and analyzing available data sources
People Management Skills
- This position doesn't have any direct reports at the time of posting but will lead without authority various cross-functional teams
- Consistently demonstrate the People Leader Attributes as well as all elements of the AbbVie Talent Philosophy
- Actively recognize and reward high performance; address performance issues with agility
- Ensure activities are optimally distributed in the team, and that the structure and ways of working are monitored to ensure high team effectiveness
- Be accountable for consistently high individual and team engagement, addressing issues identified in employee surveys
- Ensure team members are constantly developed in line with individual and organizational goals
- Develop a talent pipeline at affiliate level, and actively contribute to Area and Global learning talent pipelines
- Bachelor's Degree: BBA or related advanced degree
- 5+ years as Learning Professional
- 3 years of Commercial and/or marketing and/or Customer Excellence
- Working in or strong collaboration with Global Areas and/or Top 12 countries; previous role in Area and/or Affiliate is preferred
- Working in a high performing matrix organization
- Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of digital platforms and technologies to support virtual ways of working
- Master facilitation skills including the ability to deliver programs to multi-cultural audiences, both Face-to-face and virtually
- Networking with external key stakeholders, industry forums and learning specialists to inform a compelling and differentiated learning and capability strategy
- Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct and influence commercial training and organizational development
- Able to demonstrate ability to multi-task and meet/exceed deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills in achieving and consolidating cost efficiencies through Vendor Selection/Supply Management
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.