Sr. Software Test Engineer
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to participate in software system verification effort of embedded software for a medical device within Medical Aesthetics. The individual will be responsible for understanding the requirements of the software and developing the test strategies to ensure the software meets the user and design requirements. He/she will author and execute test cases, using defined methodologies for manual and/or automated tests. He/she will isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify fixes. The software test engineer will document test results and assist in the continuous improvement and modification of software. He/she will lead assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development.
This individual must have strong technical and leadership skills complemented by good communications and teamwork qualities. Experience in the structured environment of a regulated industry such as medical devices, aerospace or similar is preferred.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
A strategic thinker : align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive.
First class team player : collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Develop testing requirements and verification plans based on an evaluation of the changes to the software and the assessed risk .
- Work with embedded software engineers and system engineers to ensure software and system requirements specifications are written in a testable manner.
- Develop test plans, test designs, test procedures and execute verification and validation tests.
- Participate in software work product reviews/inspections.
- Develop the test environment and set up regression, integration, and verification and/or validation tests.
- Define requirements, design, code and validate software tools for use in the manufacturing of the product.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA's Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
- 8 or more years' experience in software development /software testing of embedded devices.
- Experience in software / system testing of Windows or WinCE applications.
- Demonstrated technical leadership of major software integration / verification projects.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, batch) for software build and automated testing. At least three years of experience of software testing of medical devices.
- Hands-on, embedded product software integration, verification and validation planning, test strategy development, design of test protocols and executing software/system testing.
- Knowledge of the software life cycle processes for embedded and desktop systems.
- Software development experience using C, C++, C# or Visual Basic.
- The ability to communicate effectively with peers, management, and international customers to solve problems and broker information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
In this role, we're looking for a leader who will :
- Act as an Owner
- Be Excellence Focused
- Act as an Influence
We Will Give You 'The Allergan Edge' At Allergan, we define an 'edge' as something that sets us apart, gives us an advantage and strengthens us to be better - for our customers, patients, investors and each other. Our 'edge' is our colleagues, and we are committed to making Allergan the best place for them to work and achieve career goals.
How do we do this? We Engage, Develop, and Reward our colleagues.
Engage . From Day 1, you are a bold leader who wants to make an impact. We listen to your ideas and questions, so we can be even better at what we do.
Develop. Learn every day, build new skills every day. We prioritize development, so our leaders are always ready for the next challenge and opportunity.
Reward. Exceptional performance creates exceptional opportunities and rewards. Financial awards and incentives are just a part of this - we invest in our people; celebrate success through recognition programs; and promote healthy lifestyles and work-life balance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.