Manager, Technician Services
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This role is responsible for in excess of 10,000 PC's outside of North America. The support of PC's outside of North America is outsourced to Unisys and the role will interface with Unisys
The role will manage the day to day Unisys management issues and escalations and manage the relationship by monitoring SLA's and other metrics.
Responsible for the function at a larger site and has multiple managers report in. Has complete budgetary responsibly for the function. Manages the overall service offering.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring team members are trained (no delinquencies, and in compliance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the technician services function of a larger site / organization. Has multiple managers as direct reports.
- Provides leadership for the departments and conducts annual PEx reviews, growth planning, mentoring.
- Act as an escalation point for technical and non technical issues, including client issue escalation. Works directly with client management to resolve issues.
- Monitors metrics to ensure SLA's OLA's are being met and takes corrective actions when these are not being met. Monitors metrics, actives and issues to come up with service improvements. Creates proposal and business cases with options to submit to management and client groups.
- Manages the day to day relationships with the client groups. Escalates higher profile issues to IT management. Manages the resources of the department, include planning, hiring and budgeting as appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree. Masters Degree preferred. Industry certifications.
- At least 7, typically 10 or more years of experience.
- Experience in customer (client facing) support is required along with an understanding of PC support and technology.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.