We are looking for an Associate Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager (EHSS) to help drive outstanding performance in a diverse and rapidly growing manufacturing environment! Under the direction of the Director (EHSS), the successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting various requirements outlined in site EHSS programs. This entry-level role will build responsibilities across the safety and environmental compliance subject areas. As a core member EHSS team, the candidate will be encouraged to interact frequently with internal clients, be proactive and be directly engaged in the operations of the facility. Candidate will also have responsibility to handle and monitor aspects of facility safety and environmental compliance programs at the site level and handle competing priorities on a routine basis.
- Assist in the interpretation of EHSS regulations to ensure compliance with Corporate, Federal, State and local requirements;
- Implement and improve environmental compliance plans for programs such as air quality, storm water, wastewater treatment, hazardous waste management, pollution prevention, or solid waste management;
- Support aspects of the site Environmental Sustainability program;
- Perform EHS inspections throughout the facility (lab, manufacturing, construction);
- Conduct internal reviews and audits to ensure that safety and environmental procedures are being followed;
- Perform job hazard analysis and support Industrial hygiene, ergonomic, and other safety assessments as needed;
- Participate in emergency response activities and be a member of the emergency on call team on a rotating basis;
- Conduct and coordinate formal and informal environmental training for staff and contractors;
- Support EHSS reviews of new material acquisitions;
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation;
- Act as an EHSS representative for internal client organizations;
- Assist in Accident/Incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
Associate's degree and 4 years of EHSS or Corporate Services experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of EHSS or Corporate Services experience
- BS degree in environmental, safety, technical, scientific or engineering fields.
- 2 + years of experience developing/supporting EHS programs within industry.
- Previous experience working within the biotechnology sector, preferably in a cGMP environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.