Executive Director Commercial Data & Analytics, Forecasting
The Executive Director leading Amgen's Forecasting function is responsible for the coordination and development of transparent, objective, and informed forecasts across the Global and US organizations. In order to be successful in this role the individual must be able to not only manage the forecast process, but must also be skilled at influencing, networking, and navigating a complex internal set of teams and functional groups. At the core of any successful leader, is a high performing team built upon trust, mutual respect, diversity, and the unrelenting desire for continuous improvement. In this regard, the Executive Director will need to actively mentor, develop, and retain top talent across the entire Forecasting and CD&A organization. The Executive Director is expected to successfully coach the team to employ best practices, challenge the status quo, and streamline processes where possible to drive efficiency. Additionally, the individual must be able to leverage market knowledge and business experience in multiple therapeutic areas across Amgen's Oncology and General Medicine businesses, in order to interrogate forecast assumptions and understand the real drivers behind core business questions.
Finally, the ability to foster an environment of cooperation with Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Pricing/Access is critical. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Commercial Capabilities.
This position will:
- Lead teams of forecasters to deliver high-quality performance predictions to Commercial business leaders across Amgen's portfolio of in-line and pipeline assets
- Liaise with business stakeholders across Commercial, Operations and Finance including acting as the primary Commercial point of contact for Integrated Business Planning
- Instill, and reflect, a strong commitment to quality and standards - both in the underlying forecast methodologies and forecast presentations. Ensures final products are well vetted and reliable
- Exhibit expertise in solving a variety of structured and unstructured problems through relevant analytical approaches and frameworks
- Strive for consistency in the way forecasts are approached, developed, and presented
- Drive transparency around forecasting methodologies and ensure streamlined integration with downstream business processes
- Thought leader for the Forecasting capability who will encourage broad adoption of best practices, deploy appropriate guardrails, quality monitoring and drive use of new methods and tools
- Primary point of contact for senior Commercial leaders to engage with forecasting
- Balance demands from in-line and pipeline assets across business units and therapeutic areas
- Allocate forecasting resources and flex based on business need
- Drive productivity and efficiency, streamlining forecasting processes where possible
- Doctorate degree and 6 years of experience in forecasting in biopharma OR
- Master's degree and 10 years of experience in forecasting in biopharma OR
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of experience in forecasting in biopharma AND
- 6 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, brands, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Executive presence by which one can quickly establish credibility with and influence SVP/EVP level staff
- Leadership experience in building and developing high performing teams, delivering results and shaping the future
- Allocate resources, prioritize activities and manage multiple stakeholders to support leaders across the business including working with leaders across functions
- Knowledge of current and emerging forecasting approaches
- Aligns team to best practices and champions new innovative methodologies and tools
- Business acumen that lends itself to understanding the context and dynamics of pharmaceutical markets for relevant TAs
- Partners with business leaders to deliver high-quality predictions that guide strategic decision-making
- Thinks strategically about issues impacting an entire portfolio of therapeutics
- Oral, written and presentation skills to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences including senior management
- Ability to lead and manage projects from concept to completion
- Quick learner, proactive, takes initiative
- Awareness and ability to navigate and conform to Commercialization and Corporate Governance processes
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.