Senior Director, Global Marketing - HCP Promotion
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Senior Director, Global Marketing - HCP Promotion, is responsible for developing the therapeutic, disease area, and product marketing strategy for our proprietary SMA therapy and the Novartis Gene Therapies gene replacement therapy technology platform. Both commercialized products and later-stage pipeline assets are under the scope of this role.
- Ensures the successful launches of medicines to make a meaningful difference to patients.
- Develops the brand strategy, pre-launch/launch preparation and delivery of all tools and tactics to prepare for, drive in-market success, and maximize brand value across all customer groups.
- Provides effective and inspirational leadership across the cross-functional and geographic teams.
- Collaborates within the Global Marketing Team and cross-functional GPT members, lead the development of the Annual Global Integrated Brand Plan and Annual Brand Budget. Manage all aspects of the annual budget - selecting and working with agencies, handling POs/invoices with finance and ensuring monthly updates on budget management - work with Finance on oversight and management of the $10-15M annual budget.
- Organizes and Leads the Product Review Committee (PRC) for the Medical/Regulatory/Legal approval of globally developed promotional materials.
- Leads the Global Brand Team (establishing monthly meetings and agenda topics) and solicit input from regions and countries on promotional needs. Incorporate feedback into global brand plans.
- Leads and works with Ad Agency of Record in developing and executing key global brand promotional initiatives.
- Develops and manages a repository of video assets for use by regions and affiliates, including patient videos, education on gene therapy, AVXS-101 and related topics on an as needed basis.
- Communicates and delivers the global brand SharePoint and respective materials to affiliates across regions. Trains affiliates on use of new assets.
- Recommends and implements promotional initiatives that comply with external laws and regulations and internal standard operating procedures.
- Submits purchase order requests to Finance and track invoices.
- Manages spend for Global Marketing projects against budget.
- Identifies and executes on new opportunities to improve alignment of strategies and branding elements across media on a global scale.
- Continued innovation and support of Zolgensma globally and development of a global strategy for IT, inclusive of pre-market readiness and definition of key milestones with a sense of urgency.
- Development and delivery of all global commercial deliverables.
- Develops, monitors and controls brand budgets, and assesses the marketing mix of the brand to evaluate cost effectiveness and results.
- Estimates resourcing needs for the function and operates within approved budgets.
- KPIs from key partners depending on key global tactics (e.g. brand adoption, ATUs, concept testing, message testing, competition uptake, pricing achievements)
- Fosters regular best practice sharing across regions in order to support fast and broad dissemination of key insights, learnings and innovation
- Builds and fosters relationships with the top-tier global key opinion leaders/experts, patient advocacy groups, and policy-making organizations groups.
- Ensures milestone-gated market and product preparation plans are outlined and executed, including epidemiology, burden of disease, diagnosis journey including newborn screening, if appropriate, IP, formulation, packaging, naming, and positioning.
- Proactively identifies and manages potential risks and opportunities for brands, including development and execution of post-launch strategies.
- Maintains industry awareness regarding market trends, competition, product acceptance, and new product release.
- Conducts regular feedback loops with key stakeholders to enhance collaboration and alignment.
- Represents Global Marketing on relevant cross-functional and regional teams.
- Builds strong, open and collaborative working relationships across functions, including Sales, Sales Operations, Training, Market Access, Supply Chain, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Finance, Compliance and Legal.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or similar field; MBA or graduate level degree desirable.
- 10 years' experience in global pharmaceutical marketing is required; global marketing experience in a rare disease area and/or in a small biopharma company desirable.
- a high-performing, experienced pharma or biopharma Sr. Marketing Director who has demonstrated the ability to develop global brand strategy as well as manage a brand or critical brand initiatives, while incorporating perspectives from other functions/regions.
- Demonstrated experience in developing promotional programs, managing budgets, leading PRC processes and promotional project management.
- Extensive experience in leading diverse and cross-functional teams indirectly.
- Enterprise mindset.
- Digitally savvy with an innovative spirit and experience in developing novel initiatives to reflect market needs.
- Has solid understanding of key market insights including understanding the needs of all customer segments to ensure success.
- Strong involvement in multiple product launches and extensive experience in lifecycle management - clinical development to commercialization.
- Prior experience in specialty areas such as rare diseases, cell and gene therapy, and/or oncology and prior experience in a small, rapidly growing company are both preferred.
- Strategic thinker who connects the dots across functions and find practical solutions.
- Executive presence; effectively represent Novartis Gene Therapies internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive, and have the tenacity to "make things happen."
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to use PowerPoint and Excel software;
- Ability to travel up to 30%, with a mix of domestic and international travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.