Associate Director, Lung Publications
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Medical Publications organization's mission is to support the development of high quality medical publications to ensure clear, scientific communication of BMS data enabling the safe, appropriate use of and access to BMS medicines. The Associate Director, Lung Publications will be part of a high performing, cross-functional lung publication and scientific matrix team engaged in the planning, integration and execution of medical publication and related scientific content activities globally. He/she will work collaboratively across key matrix teams to ensure timely publications of data and development of scientific content.
- Part of a high performing, cross-functional lung publication and scientific matrix team engaged in the planning, integration and execution of medical publication and related scientific content activities globally
- Works to build and demonstrate understanding of the disease area, medical strategies and objectives necessary to provide strategic input to a broad range of stakeholders on matters related to publication planning & data dissemination/disclosure
- Working with key stakeholders from the WW Lung Medical Team, translating medical strategies and objectives into actionable long-term strategic publication plans to support the WW Lung portfolio
- Effectively collaboratesand alignsacross the matrix tohelpdrive key decisions during the medical communication planning process
- Employs innovative strategies and solutions to ensure timely communication of scientific data and extend the scientific reach and breadth of publications
- Reviews publication drafts for scientific quality and to ensure alignment & consistency with author direction, the scientific communication platform and key communication points supported by data
- Promotes and supports good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring all publications are being authored, written, and reviewed according to GPP3, ICMJE and BMS processes
- Helps to create a team environment and culture that emphasizes teamwork, cooperation, personal accountability and a commitment to quality
- Advanced degree: PhD, PharmD, or MD in a science subject with in-depth experience in publication planning management
- 5-7+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry, in both a regional and global capacity
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registrational, pre and post-launch and marketed)
- Scientific expertise in oncology is highly preferred
- Proven ability to think strategically at an enterprise level and lead teams to make strategic decisions even under conditions of ambiguity, evolving landscapes and tight timelines
- Proven ability to think strategically and take decisions even under conditions of ambiguity, evolving landscapes and tight timelines.
- Adept at building credibility with external investigators & collaborative partners, evidenced by strong leadership behaviors and excellence in the science.
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 15-20% of the time
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.