Scientific Data Application Engineer
We are seeking a Scientific Data Application Engineer with rich experience building Data Centric Solutions. We enable science by leading and contributing to full software lifecycle; architecture, design, implementation, testing and deployment of Scientific Data Applications that add proven value and impact to the scientific operations of Research & Development at Regeneron. Our current Data Platform Techstack includes Spotfire, D360, Hadoop, HIVE, Parquet, Airflow, NiFi, Spark, Python, Atlas, AWS RDS Postgres Aurora, AWS Athena, Docker, K8s.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines for new Data Product & support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
- Collaborate with Data SMEs and Business Users to improve data models, growing data accessibility and promoting data-driven decision making
- Define Data models & building Data product pipeline as script in PySpark
- Define and drive adoption of standard methodologies in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Perform data analysis required to solve data related issues, root cause analysis and assisting with resolution of data issues
- Act as an experienced technical resource for Data Application Solution
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products; evaluating AWS Services, Opensource & Vendor tools and implementing new technologies
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coaching on technologies, and establishing a team-wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, supporting innovative scientists doing ground breaking science to discover lifesaving medicines for people with serious medical conditions.
- You have a collaborative, agile approach to drive creative and efficient use of technology to accelerate drug discovery, and you enjoy aligning multiple perspectives into an agreed course of action
- You are comfortable with the above technology landscape but will execute a technology roadmap that aligns with business priorities, scales for the future, and disrupts when vital to continually improve and deliver value.
To be considered for the role, you must have a BS or MS degree in Computer Science as well as 7+ years of Data pipeline development experience with Spark (PySpark), HIVE & Airflow. 5+ years of relevant experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling, 3+ years of Datawarehouse & BI Tools (Spotfire preferable) experience and Hadoop Platform experience of any size/scale. Proven track record in managing and communicating BI, Data Lake, Datawarehouse concepts to different partners. Ability to adapt to new languages, frameworks, technologies as the need arises. Demonstrable skill in collaborating with other IT teams, vendor partners, internal collaborators, and architects to deliver solutions; advocacy for a DevOps approach to the software development lifecycle. Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical Working Experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.