Senior Learning Manager, Global Learning
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
A strategic partner and value-adding subject matter expert who supports assigned brand teams and acts as the learning partner within the brands cross functional/integrated teams and other key functions. Serve as an expert in performance optimization, capability building and change management, providing high impact, best practice, integrated learning interventions which enable AbbVie to be always ahead of the curve. .As a key business partner their assigned Specialty Brand Team (Maviryet, Duodopa, 951, etc.) this individual will incorporate the Global Integrated Brand Plan within the Integrated Global Learning Plan while utilizing foundational and forward thinking learning expertise as a strong cross functional partner. Ensure the Integrated Brand Plan is translated into an optimized learning plan that will support execution excellence upon implementation.
- Subject matter expert on relevant disease states and subject matter expert on the assigned Brand Team including but not limited to HCV, Neuroscience and Specialty.
- Responsible for the design, development, and delivery of worldwide learning solutions to the Commercial Organization
- Serve as a strategic partner to the assigned brand teams to assess and understand the learning needs of the organization and develops appropriate learning strategies and plans
- Build relationships and influence key stakeholders at Global, Areas, Top 12 Affiliates to gain agreement and commitment on Specialty Learning Strategy and implementation tactics.
- Create innovative learning solutions for all levels of the organisation (brand teams, in-field teams and other key functions) and always ensuring excellence in execution and that organizational and Global Learning goals are supported.
- Share agreed outcome metrics for core initiatives, results, best practices and learnings across learning network at Area and Global levels.
- Manage complex stakeholder relationships and external providers efficiently and effectively to time and to budget with clear measureable outcomes
- Maintain a high level of Continuing Professional Development in Learning & Development, keeping up to date on industry trends and best practices
- Beyond the previous responsibilities, lead some other area learning initiatives supporting the Global Learning team vision and yearly plans to be defined with the Global Product and Therapeutic Learning Director.
- Understand the Integrated Brand Plan framework and how to appropriately integrate key elements into an Integrated Global Learning Plan
- Possess HCV, Neuroscience and Specialty Brand business knowledge of the bio-pharma sector including knowledge of the external environment, relevant stakeholders and our customers
- Possess knowledge of the AbbVie business, our organization, our brands, our therapeutic areas, products, pipeline and competition
- Manage stakeholders effectively, both internally and externally, using advanced communication, influence and marketing skills, being sensitive to people's needs and being able to deal with people at different levels. Internal stakeholders include, but are not limited to, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Business HR, and Talent and Development functions.
- With strong emotional intelligence, build relationships founded on trust
- Be engaging and fun to work with, stimulate others with enthusiasm, energy and a can-do attitude
- Leverage an internal and external learning network; be a valued and reliable partner
- Simplify complicated content into easy to understand succinct messages
- Consistently demonstrate the AbbVie Ways we Work
- Be open-minded and curious, combined with a highly innovative and creative approach, always and looking for opportunities to improve, and embed this behavior in the organization
- Expertise in strategic thinking and planning, always aligning learning strategies and priorities based on critical business needs and strategies to add the most value
- Expertise in project management to support multiple priorities and integrate multi-functional elements into one learning plan connecting dependencies, without gaps or missing timelines
- Possess knowledge of leading-edge learning theories, practices, benchmarks, systems, technologies and digital learning
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (verbal and written), active listening, effective probing and facilitation skills
- Simplify, clarify and focus, bringing in best practice in learning, acting with agility and being open to adjust and adapt; building a sustainable learning culture with learning agility
- Be a change agent who empowers others through advice and expertise in learning and behavioral change, including instructional design
- Manage learning programs and interventions from vision and strategy to implementation, delivery and facilitation; leveraging staff where required, and employing innovative approaches
- Be confident in coaching and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Apply a performance consulting approach through the effective application of the six elements of Performance Essentials
- Ensure resources are used optimally; measuring outcomes and analyzing available data sources
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or related advanced degree is preferred
- Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design
- Master facilitation skills including the ability to deliver programs to multi-cultural audiences
- Networking with external key stakeholders, industry forums and learning specialists to inform a compelling and differentiated learning and capability strategy
- Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct and influence commercial training and organizational development
- 5+ years as Learning Professional
- 3-5 years of Commercial and/or marketing in HCV, Neuroscience and Specilaty Brand(s) experience is preferred
- Working in or strong collaboration with Areas and/or Top 12 countries; previous role in Area and/or Affiliate is preferred
- Strong negotiation skills in achieving and consolidating cost efficiencies through vendor selection/supply management
- Working in a high performing matrix organization
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.