Analyst, Corporate Disbursement
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Global Disbursement Operations team is responsible for managing the AbbVie Accounts Payable business across more than 70 countries. The Corporate Disbursement Analyst assists with providing support in a variety of cross-functional areas including critical touchpoints with Vendor Master, Treasury, Business Technology Services, Finance Shared Services, Purchasing & Supplier Management, as well as Reporting and Analytics. The ability to work cross functionally and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information will be critical to successfully executing the responsibilities of the position.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Effectively working cross functionally as well as proactively and effectively communicating in both written and oral means is critical to successfully executing the Core Job Responsibilities.
- Working as the key liaison between the Purchasing/ Vendor management and Payables functions to ensure operational efficiencies and policies are met and complied with.
- Preparation of quarterly Accounting Audit packages for presentation to Senior Accounting team.
- Analysis of payment related KPIs and preparation of quarterly Payment Performance Package for presentation to Senior Management.
- Effectively and proactively raising issues to their manager as appropriate is necessary. This position will have general scope of responsibility and will normally work under minimal direction from the Associate Director, Global Disbursements. The incumbent will work within the framework of established policies and procedures, executing against existing timelines and priorities.
- Communication to his/her manager will be critical to ensure timely updates of project and assignment status. Contacts will include the BPO provider and immediate manager; and will also include AbbVie personnel at varying levels within the Corporation.
- The Global Disbursement Analyst needs to have a strong desire for continuous learning about Payables Management and Analytics in order to provide support for Departmental and Corporate Compliance projects.
- Internal Control: The Global Disbursement Analyst needs to have a working knowledge of AbbVie compliance and internal control guidelines as the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in reviewing the annual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance templates.
- Failure to achieve results could affect accuracy of compliance reporting to Legal, OEC, auditors and/or external governmental agencies resulting in inaccurate conclusions being drawn and/or resubmission of data, and missing deadlines could result in overtime.
- Bachelor's Degree - BA, BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Required
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree; however, related work experience is required and progression toward bachelor's preferred
- Minimum three years to six years preferred, of accounts payable experience or equivalent
Minimum two years to four years preferred, of experience and working knowledge with SAP Procure to Pay
- Strong Analytical skills with ability to work independently and support audit (both internal and external), Sarbanes Oxley requirements, SEC, and compliance reporting. Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP Procure to Pay, including Vendor Master impacts on the Accounts Payable process
- Knowledge of GRIR functionality
- Strong communication skills-both written and verbal
- Strong customer focus-both internal and external
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, as well as obtaining results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while prioritizing workload accordingly
- Experience using SAP ECC, SRM, HFM, Microsoft Excel advanced skills, and QlikView applications preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.