Regional Reimbursement Director- Northern Plains
Regional Reimbursement Director- Northern Plains
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Regional Reimbursement Director (RRD) is field-based job with local responsible for the overall management of the reimbursement environment for all Ipsen US portfolio products in the healthcare provider channel as well as managing relationships with local Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs). Successful performance will include providing quality and timely field-based reimbursement support among targeted Healthcare Providers (HCPs) for all Ipsen therapies. The RRD will be an expert in understanding and translating local and national payer policies and will assist existing and emerging customers in all aspects of reimbursement (coding, coverage, payment) to ensure patients have access to Ipsen therapies.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
The RRD will:
- Collaborate with the Ipsen Value & Access home office and field teams, sales teams, brand teams, and the IPSEN CARES Patient support hub to expand access and/or reduce barriers to access for Ipsen products.
- Assist with the design and development of reimbursement related strategies, tactics, tools and approved materials for use in the field.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts within the MACs and ensure appropriate access to Ipsen Product portfolio
- Provide reimbursement support as needed at advisory boards or professional conferences.
- Increase the awareness of, and work closely with, the IPSEN CARES Patient support hub.
- Serve as an internal field reimbursement expert with Ipsen's teams (e.g. sales and account management) by providing ongoing competitive intelligence and by identifying reimbursement-related barriers to access.
- Support appropriate patient access for all Ipsen therapies by providing timely and appropriate reimbursement information related to coverage, coding, and payment policies across all payers relevant to a provider's patient mix. This includes:
- Private physician practices
- Hospitals & academic institutions
- Thought leaders and advocates
- Regional and State Society advocates
- Coordinate with internal resources to support Ipsen presentations at payer and healthcare provider meetings.
- Achieve target metrics related to timely and appropriate response to customer requests for reimbursement support.
- Support strategic analysis and planning related to changes in local payer coverage policies.
- Advise Ipsen Account Managers of specific payer access challenges, and/or other access related payer trends.
- Assist in the development of reimbursement-related training programs for healthcare providers.
- Understand and be able to translate local/regional payer payment trends, policies, and relationships to assist Ipsen's efforts to address non-clinical barriers impacting utilization of Ipsen's therapies.
Core Competencies / Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Ability to manage and lead in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment.
- Ability to simplify a complex message and rationale in a compliant manner.
- Willingness to work independently in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and self-prioritize workload.
- Highest personal integrity and ethics; strong sense of judgment and discretion.
Education, Experience & Training Required
Experience and Education (minimums)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in public policy, economics, business administration or life sciences.
- Minimum 10 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience.
- Experience should be highly indicative of proficiency to overcome access related issues at the provider and payer level.
- Previous reimbursement support experience with physician administered (“buy and bill”) oncology & neurology drugs is preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of coverage, coding, and payment policies.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related reimbursement experience with injectable or infused drugs, or medical device products that require reimbursement support.
- Certification in Medical Coding preferred.
- Should possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, along with problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong business, analytical, administrative, and team building skills are essential.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
List entities not specific names for example: vendors, FDA
- Internal: Business unit stakeholders, field sales, Value & Access team and leadership, HUB services/reimbursement support hotline, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs, Legal and Compliance.
- External: Healthcare Providers, Payers, Third-Party Vendors, and Consultants.
Essential Functions - Physical Position Requirements: Machines and/or Equipment Used
- Machines and/or Equipment Used
- PC literacy required: MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, texting, use of mobile smart phone).
- Business travel by air or car is regularly required - ability to maintain extensive overnight travel (up to 60%).
- Ability to invest time, as required, to expedite or complete assignments which may necessitate working evening and/or weekend hours as necessary to meet business needs.
• Works independently
• Works from home, in car and customers' offices
• Manages large geographic territory
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.","datePosted":"2020-09-02T00:00:00.000Z