Associate Director, Regional Access Solutions - KRYSTEXXA
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Geography: Northwest (Seattle, WA/Spokane, WA/Portland, OR/San Jose, CA/San Francisco, CA)
The Associate Director, Regional Access Solutions works in a highly visible, strong team environment and will be the point person for escalated access and reimbursement issues. This position will be responsible with helping patients and internal teams navigate the payer landscape, triage issues to the appropriate HUB, and provide assistance related to access of the KRYSTEXXA product. The Associate Director, Regional Access Solutions will work closely with the Patient Access Managers to review patient insurance benefit options, analyze data to develop insights on performance enhancements, assist with resolving reimbursement issue and process efficiencies. The Associate Director, Regional Access Solutions will develop a reimbursement strategy including business plans, reimbursement strategies and access programs.
- Serves as case escalation specialist who urgently troubleshoots access challenges and leads the case management from issue identification to solution implementation and resolution
- Leads connectivity and collaboration with Patient Access Managers, HUB, and Regional Account Directors to facilitate improved access and overall experience for patients and prescribers
- Navigates complex and ambiguous authorization pathways, captures insights and best practices, and signals emerging trends to the appropriate teams
- Researches and establishes patient-specific alternate sites of care, leading the efforts through the first infusion
- Develops KPIs, monitors results for assigned regions, and regularly provides business review updates
- Establishes efficiencies and continual improvement in physician and patient services and processes
- Serves as the regional access subject matter expert and a valued resource for internal teams and external customers.
- Guides teams on implementing best practices and regional opportunities for improvement including investigating and resolving access challenges pre and post-infusion.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 4 years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands with a high level of initiative and independence
- Strong proficiency with medical benefit/buy and bill medications, coding, billing, reimbursement, prior authorizations/appeals, and supporting infusion sites of care
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven success in working in a cross functional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to conduct field travel, as well as to travel to sales meetings, client sites, etc. including overnight travel (~50%)
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.