Scientist in Antibody Engineering
Scientist in Antibody Discovery and Engineering
At Distributed Bio, our mission is to define a new paradigm in revolutionary bioengineered medicines for the biotechnology industry. In monoclonal therapeutics, our integration of computational immunology, bioengineering and robotics has enabled us to create a pipeline of molecules with unprecedented biophysical properties, while also supporting all of our partners with developable antibodies against any drug target of interest.
Our ability to discover antibodies against challenging pMHC, pathogen toxin, GPCR and Ion Channel targets, as well as a novel high-throughput discovery of CAR-T, has resulted in the growth of our antibody discovery business. We are looking for a Scientist Antibody Engineer who will contribute to the discovery and engineering of novel antibodies across our project portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Candidate will be supporting the antibody discovery group
• Design and execute antibody discovery campaigns including phage display and yeast display approaches
• Design and generate libraries for antibody engineering projects ranging from affinity maturation and humanization to dual-specific antibodies
• Apply deep sequencing (NGS) and bioinformatics for antibody engineering
• Initiate and support platform improvements
• Record experiments and results, including analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data to the rest of the company
• Work collaboratively on timeline-driven projects
• Requirements for this position include an MS with 7+ years or PhD with 4+ years of relevant hands-on experience (preferably in industry) in biochemistry, molecular biology, protein engineering or related field
• Must have experience with antibody phage display
• Experience with yeast display is a plus
• Must have strong expertise in wide range of molecular biology techniques including mutagenesis, molecular cloning, construct design and sequence analysis
• Experience in Protein engineering techniques, including, protein expression and purification, protein interaction characterization is a plus
• Experience with NGS is a plus
• Detail-oriented, strong skills in organization, time management, communication and teamwork are essential.
• The candidate is expected to contribute at the bench as well as at strategic levels, and present data to project teams
• Self-starter and ability to multitask
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism