Staff/Principal Project Manager
Our mission at Progenity is simple: to help healthcare providers and patients prepare for life. We provide the most advanced molecular technology and the highest levels of service to guide patient care at critical life stages. We continually seek people with the motivation and skills to advance our mission.
Reporting to the Vice President Enterprise Program Management Office, the successful candidate is responsible for working to ensure the overall direction, coordination, execution, monitoring and control, and completion of projects within the Progenity’s pipeline. The role will work cross functionally with R&D, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Development Engineering, Clinical Operations, and Business Development to ensure projects are consistent with company strategy and organizational requirements. The role may also manage development programs and / or due diligence/business development activities of varying degrees of complexity, phase, and program type. This individual will be able to successfully partner and engage in a matrixed team of enterprise partners to deliver consistent company value. The successful candidate will partner closely with Project Leads, functional area senior leadership including R&D, Operations, Information Technology, Commercial, and other enterprise stakeholders to deliver integrated solutions to enhance Progenity.
- Responsible for the independent management of product development projects and / or due diligence efforts of various types.
- Develosp project plans and schedules for product development that document project goals and objectives, scope, schedule, budget, risk management plan, and project team resource requirements.
- Monitors and reports on progress of the project deliverables to Executive Sponsors and stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely project updates including Dashboard and pipeline-related reporting.
- Implements and maintains efficient and effective project and portfolio management systems and planning and execution tracking across the portfolio of development programs utilizing the enterprise program/project management framework.
- Highlights project issues with proposed solutions to Core Team Members, Project Team Leaders and Executive Governance members.
- Leads Core Team meetings ensure decisions and action items, and team decisions are clearly documented, and tracked to completion.
- Identifies project risks and opportunities.
- Works with the project team to identify contingency and risk mitigation plans.
- Fosters cross functional collaboration with all team members.
- Manages product development projects of various project types, phase, complexity, priority, or operational structure (e.g., alliance).
- Supports the translation of Progenity functional strategy into PMO objectives with actionable plans and performance measures, and managing their successful delivery.
- Accesses, designs and delivers project management process enhancements that improve the pipeline delivery, enhance Progenity project management performance, and ensure alignment with the enterprise strategy.
- Drives the successful delivery of cross divisional, functional, project, and portfolio objectives through effective stakeholder alignment, change management and staff engagement.
- Ensures and manages efficient connections and partnerships within Progenity and across key partnered functions.
- Ensures project management procedures and processes are adhered to lead delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Monitors and assesses external landscape to stay abreast of industry standards and trends to inform and educate key stakeholders and maintain relevance.
- Demonstrates and acts as a role model for the high-performance team dynamics and behaviors expected in Progenity cross functional teams.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training in the nuances of managing a development project or in PMO activities.
- Manages team dynamics, understands stages of development, coaches on Progenity processes relating to development team management (e.g., Project plan creation, PDP stage gates, etc.) PM skills, and team management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required; concentration in a scientific-related discipline strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, MBA, PharmD, Ph.D.) preferred.
- Formal training in project management, Agile, Six Sigma, PMP certification preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of direct work experience in a healthcare project management capacity, including all aspects of clinical development, plan execution and product launch.
- Effective at energizing others, establishing clear goals, delegating responsibility, mentoring and coaching within a team setting.
- Well-developed and effective team facilitation and leadership skills; able to establish cooperative team environments.
- Customer focused.
- Demonstrated ability to manage resources, time, and budget effectively for given development projects; is business savvy and results oriented.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills in planning, organizing, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of clinical molecular diagnostics along with the ability to communicate technical product information in a clear, concise and creative manner.
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulatory standards, particularly CLIA, and CAP Able to work effectively with, influence, and lead employees at different levels of the organization using strong interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with SharePoint.
- Strong knowledge of various project management software packages including Confluence, JIRA, Smartsheets, and Asana.
- Proven ability to analyze, integrate, recommend, contribute to development of conceptual plans for, and lead implement of, strategic, process, and team improvement and change initiatives cross-functionally.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment