SUMMARYThis position will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciliations and analysis to support the monthly close process. Specifically responsible for revenue accounting, AR and revenue reserve calculation and analysis, maintaining prepaid and other amortization schedules, and cash and banking, as well as additional accounting and analysis procedures as assigned. Assists in the preparation and review of monthly internal financial reporting and monthly and quarterly financial reporting to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record revenue and revenue reserves
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the revenue and reserve accounts
- Prepare monthly revenue reports to highlight trends in volume, ASP and channel shift
Daily Cash Management:
- Prepare daily cash receipts totals and month to date summaries for management
- Prepares journal entries for a large volume of monthly bank transactions
- Record journal entry for daily funding of expense reporting through Concur
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation for multiple bank accounts
- Perform monthly reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts including preparation of journal entries for applicable balance sheet accounts
- Research variances to budget and trend fluctuations to identify errors and/or explain variances to management
- Assist in the preparation and review of the monthly and quarterly financial packages for management
- Perform queries and data downloads in order to compile information for reporting
- Provide necessary audit support relating to assigned accounts and reporting
- Participates in proactively identifying, assessing and implementing prevent and detect controls and participating in compliance with all internal control related requirements
- Applies principles of accounting and maintain the financial records in compliance with US GAAP, Company policies and internal controls
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strong organizational and time management skills are necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position generally requires a BA/BS degree in Finance/Accounting with 5 or more years of related experience in general ledger maintenance, journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations and knowledge of basic accounting. Experience with the application of revenue recognition standards under ASC 606 preferred. Experience with medical reimbursement billing preferred. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Word required. Experience in diagnostics industry is a plus but not required. Experience with Great Plains, Management Reporter, and Concur software is desired.
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to effectively interact in a team environment. Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are also critical. Will interact with all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.