Prometheus Biosciences is focused on the discovery and development of therapeutics and companion diagnostics for IBD using a precision medicine approach. With an integrated, multiplatform strategy we are able to identify dominant pathways in the pathogenesis of IBD. To date this work has led to the identification of several new potential targets and drug candidates for the treatment of IBD.
We seek a motivated, detail-oriented Research Associate with strong cell culture and cell-based screening experience to support early phase drug discovery and IND-enabling studies. Additional experience with ELISA/MSD analysis of cell culture supernatants and primary biological samples for biomarker studies preferred. The ideal candidate is an individual that enjoys the fast-paced and dynamic environment of early stage drug discovery and development with the demonstrated ability to follow established protocols as well as contribute to process improvements. A flexible schedule permitting work on nights and weekends is a must as is the ability to work independently.
- Work with supervisor to assist in tracking patient samples, isolating PBMCs from whole blood, setting up 96-well assay plates, and harvesting time-points which may include nights and weekends.
- Accurately follow established protocols to perform a variety of cell-based screening assays.
- Contribute to assay development in support of therapeutic campaigns.
- Use MSD and ELISA-based methods to determine cytokine levels in biological samples.
- Keep meticulous records and maintain ELN entries.
- Act as a resource for other scientists in the group.
- B.S. degree in a biological science required.
- 2 - 4 years' hands-on lab experience in an industry drug discovery / development setting is required.
- Previous experience in cell culture and/or PBMC isolation.
- Proficiency in data analysis using Excel and Prism (GraphPad) preferred.
- Prior experience with flow cytometry, western blot, and antibody-based therapeutics a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit for prolonged periods of time at a computer terminal. The employee is responsible for extensive data entry and utilization of 10 key and, therefore, frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.