Prometheus Biosciences is focused on the discovery and development of therapeutics and companion diagnostics for IBD using a precision medicine approach. With an integrated, multiplatform strategy we are able to identify dominant pathways in the pathogenesis of IBD. To date this work has led to the identification of several new potential targets and drug candidates for the treatment of IBD.
We seek a motivated, detail-oriented Associate Scientist with significant in vivo and in vitro pharmacology experience obtained in an industry setting. The Associate Scientist will conduct critical studies to demonstrate proof of mechanism for Prometheus' pipeline of novel therapeutics which include both biologics and small molecules. These studies will include in vivo assessment of efficacy in disease models, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, as well as in vitro studies focused on immune cell biology and therapeutic mechanism of action. The ideal candidate is an individual that enjoys the fast-paced and dynamic environment of an early stage drug discovery and development with the demonstrated ability to follow established protocols as well as contribute to process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with supervisor to design, execute, and analyze in vivo and in vitro pharmacology data.
- Design well controlled experiments
- Take lead on logistics of in vivo study execution; animal orders, husbandry, etc.
- Process experimental samples and analyze data in an accurate and timely manner
- Be point of contact for relevant external CROs
- Keep meticulous records and maintain ELN entries.
- Act as a resource for other scientists in the group.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- B.S. degree in a biological science required.
- 4-8 years' research experience; with the majority gained in an industry setting.
- Strong small animal skills are a requirement. Understand the vivarium environment and maintain strict adherence to animal care and use guidelines. Technical skills required include: the ability to administer therapeutic agents via multiple routes, competence in various sampling techniques, anesthesia and euthanasia, proper necropsy technique, familiar with monitoring of clinical signs, etc
- Prior work with therapeutic monoclonal antibodies is required.
- Experience in functional cell-based assay development (primary cells and/or whole blood) is a plus.
- Proficiency in data analysis using Pharmacokinetic software, Excel, and Prism (GraphPad) required.
- Prior experience with flow cytometry, ELISAs, western blot, immunohistochemistry, and other protein detection methods required.
Ability to read and analyze professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations is required. Ability to write reports, business correspondences, procedure manuals and SOPs. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts and operations to test reliability and validity of data. Proficiency in Excel is required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical, written or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, potentially infectious bodily fluids, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate with background sounds from instruments and freezers.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.