Field Tools Project Manager
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This role independently manages a diverse project workload and is responsible for providing operational support and problem solving assistance to the US Commercial sales teams. Works with internal and external customers to drive projects, enhance processes, and provide daily support to the field and home office. Ensures compliance to operations, PDMA and Corporate guidelines.
- Employ user experience best practices to design and deploy solutions that meet the needs of the end user as well as the business.
- Apply evolving knowledge of business rules and data to make strategic process improvements within own scope and cross-functionally.
- Drive multiple complex projects, balancing between short-term and long-term objectives. Also responsible for managing the projects within budget and timelines.
- Collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment with peers, franchise liaisons, integration teams, and sales and marketing leadership on a regular basis. Share successful strategies, best practices, and lessons learned with these constituents¬.
- Serve as key liaison between AbbVie stakeholders and vendor partners. This role requires a continuous coordination & communication to ensure adherence with operational timelines.
- Ensure vendor-assisted projects are managed within budget, time constraints and appropriate methodologies.
- Leverage cross-functional resources to identify implications and risks in current processes and projects to create effective contingency plans. Communicates identified risks to management and customer with recommendations for mitigation. Leads recommendation process for final stakeholder approval.
- Demonstrate expertise in utilizing, developing, and maintaining technical tools within the individual function. Identifies and recommends ways to improve use of tools.
- Maintain a deep understanding of franchise specific metrics to aide in the creation of thoughtful visualizations.
- Independently research, analyze, and recommend innovative solutions to business partner needs.
- B A/BS required to ensure effective understanding and application of business concepts
- 3+ years analytical and/or project management experience required, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Has excellent problem-solving orientation and ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable on a variety of PC programs (including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint). Demonstrated database querying skills and analytical skills
- Has managed one or more projects by driving cross functional teams to execute on targeting strategies
- Must exhibit proficiency in the following competencies: adaptability, teamwork, initiative, innovation, integrity, analytical, leadership, strategic thinking, drive for results, and communication
- Demonstrates critical thinking as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, yet compelling fashion to a wide range of stakeholders
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functional teams to enable higher performance
- Embraces the ideas of others and nurtures innovation
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.