Manager, Technology Licensing
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Work with R&D business to negotiate and execute Master agreements, one-off lab service or service agreements, SOWs, meeting planning, etc. or to negotiate academic collaborations, technology feasibility agreements, small licenses, consortia, material transfer agreements and other agreements.
- May work through strategic sourcing strategies with R&D business and actively help manage vendors with Master agreements in place. Review and analyze performance of vendors under direction of the Director for Vendor support and help to develop solutions to ensure overall performance and quality of services and effectively manage relationship.
- Prepare, negotiate, review, in conjunction with Legal-draft, and execute a variety of R&D agreements, including determination of terms and effective negotiation strategies.
- Develop and maintain necessary documentation for contracts including PO Summary Forms, Executive Summaries, Bids, JFSAs, TAFs, etc.
- Manage interactions with external parties.
- Communicate status of negotiations with key stakeholders timely.
- Provide alliance management support for agreements.
- Ensure compliance with Global Purchasing delegation, including signatory authority and its delegation, and ensure TLC compliance with all applicable Purchasing, OEC, R&D, Finance, Legal and Corporate policies.
- Promote AbbVie as a partner of choice in all external communications and dealings and work to build the AbbVie brand.
- 5+ years pharmaceutical industry experience. College degree. Science preferred, but not required (BS, MS, PhD.). MBA, paralegal degree or equivalent contracting/licensing experience
- Expert knowledge of multidisciplinary operations.Excellent negotiating skills.Project management skills to handle high volume of contracts/projects.Good communication; relationship management skills.Costumer support focus.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.