Program Manager, Operational Excellence
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Industrial Engineer Program Manager, Operational Excellence supports the development and deployment of the site OE strategy. This individual works with a broad range of Emergent leadership, management, staff and stakeholders to drive process improvement, the development of Emergent OE capabilities, and support efforts dedicated to Emergent's OE/Lean business and cultural transformation.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads and drives OE-related practices and interventions, in particular those associated with Tier 1-3 meeting effectiveness, problem-solving, waste reduction and first-time-right execution.
- Introduces, facilitates, trains and assures sustainability of 6S practices across all physical work spaces.
- Act as a coach mentor on Lean Continuous Improvement culture, techniques and best practices.
- Provides advice and support to leadership in the selection and prioritization of site OE deliverables and projects.
- Facilitates the development, training and implementation of Lean Transformation Roadmap activities.
- Execute communication strategy in support of the site's Operational Excellence culture.
- Acts as Project Manager for planning and execution of Operational Excellence projects leading cross-functional teams of site leaders, management and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates Operational Excellence activities and Kaizen events.
- Facilitates the Hoshin planning process and incorporates Lean Transformation roadmap capabilities into Hoshin plans.
- Provide advice and guidance to site management on the effectiveness and efficiency of site Operational Excellence activities.
- Act as a change agent promoting excellence and innovative thinking with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Facilitates and manages cross functional projects and kaizen events.
- Design and deploy sustainable systems for tracking and reporting of results from Operational Excellence activities, including progress to plan and financial impacts.
- Participates as a member of the Operational Excellence Core team with representatives from all sites.
- Support peers at other sites in Operational Excellence deployment.
- Support the harmonization of Operational Excellence systems across sites.
- Leads and supports cross-functional Operational Excellence training and development.
- Develop, maintain and analyze Operational Excellence reporting metrics.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or science with demonstrated practical experience with Lean fundamentals and Lean Strategy deployment. Equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience considered
- Has served 3-5 years in a full-time dedicated OE role
- 3 to 5 years' experience in deploying or managing projects in a regulated environment such as cGMP
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem solving and analysis
- Solid knowledge of lean concepts and tools
- Ability to produce results through influential authority
- Ability to read and understand a P&L statement
- Strong interpersonal coaching skills
- Strong skills in adapting lean tools to suit operational requirements
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.