Research Associate/ Sr. Research Associate, Antibody Discovery & Engineering
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to reset the immune system to cure more patients with devastating and life-threatening diseases. This immune reset approach can be applied through stem cell transplant to multiple diseases, including autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and systemic sclerosis; blood cancers, such as acute myeloid leukemia; and genetic diseases, such as sickle cell disease.
Magenta's comprehensive approach to precision immune system reset will transform many aspects of the transplant process, aiming to make it safer and more effective. Our culture is fueled by a driven, passionate group of people committed to making a difference, seizing opportunities for maximum impact and pursuing progress for the patients we seek to serve.
Magenta Therapeutics is seeking a driven, curious and independent BS/MS level scientist that wants to join a team focused on transformative therapies. Our fast-paced environment will facilitate the growth and engagement of the right candidate by creating the opportunity to explore the engineering and optimization of therapeutic antibodies and ADCs (Antibody Drug Conjugates). The incumbent will bring their experience with antibody expression, purification and characterization of antibodies into our community of passionate and dedicated team members in support our therapeutic research programs
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by:
- Cloning, expressing, and purifying antibodies and target proteins from multiple hosts (HEK and CHO) towards the development of stem cell transplant therapeutics
- Engineering cell lines and expression conditions to optimize yields and quality of protein product
- Assay development to support antibody biophysical and biochemical characterization (FPLC, HPLC, BLI, ELISA)
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- BA/BS or MS with a strong background in protein biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or related field
- Hands-on experience in antibody and/or protein purification (affinity, ion exchange, SEC) methodology is required
- Experience with transient and stable expression of proteins in HEK293 and CHO cells is favorable
- Experience with antibody characterization is desired- binding assays (ForteBio Octet, Biacore, ELISA, flow cytometry), developability assessment
- Must be able to deliver in a timeline-driven, fast-paced, flexible work environment
- Excellent attention to detail, strong documentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) required
Successful leaders and contributors within Magenta are:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta's mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
- Intuitive. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
- Collaborative. You will have demonstrated the ability to achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, while also recognizing when flexibility is needed.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
- A role model for the company's cultural pillars; Courage Commitment & Excellence
At Magenta, we celebrate our differences. We value the power of a diverse array of folks who bring all of themselves to their work. We embrace cultural, cognitive, social, and professional diversity because we know the only way we're going to make new cures possible is by working together.