Senior Director, Head of Data Science
- Build and lead Data Science function to enable enterprise wide advanced analytics capabilities across the company through collection and analysis of multiple data sources and modality to support decision making, product development and process improvement.
- Drive and influence cross-functional collaboration in problem solving and decision making that have a meaningful impact for MyoKardia.
- Develop and lead multi-year strategy for Data Science growth that has significant impact to MyoKardia's success.
- Develop and implement internal and external best practices to ensure Data Science maintains high standard of excellence.
- Serve as a strategic thinker that help influences the direction and impact of business areas that are in need for expertise of Data Science.
- Lead and develop talents within Data Science group and serve as a mentor and role model for the staff.
- Effectively develop and communicate Data Science recommendations to drive key decisions for program and project advancement.
- Manage functional project plans and budgets to ensure they adhere to the overall goals.
- Develop strategies that anticipate and address potential risks, both within programs and across functional areas.
- Entrepreneurial leader who can effectively breakdown silos and connect dots to identify, articulate and solve problems across the departments.
- Recognized as an influential leader in Data Science externally.
- Outstanding skills in developing, communicating and implementing Data Science strategies to advance functional and corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in growing and building Data Science function.
- Orientation for complex clinical and translational questions with novel solutions.
- Fluency with statistical analysis, ML and AI methodologies and software.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, project management, and cross functional leadership skills.
- Excellent communicator with superb ability to explain statistical and data science methodologies and consequences of decisions in lay terms and understand requests for complex analyses.
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science or related fields.
- 15+ years of experience in clinical development and data analysis.
- 6+ years of managing, mentoring and developing team members.