Field Service & Support Manager
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of "DNA-write". We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
The Field Service & Support Manager/Sr. Manager is pivotal to the success of the Field Service and Technical Support teams at DNA Script, Inc. and accountable for delivering an exceptional Customer Experience. This individual will act as the primary point of contact for Service & Support personnel and be the conduit between the field and internal teams. The individual will translate Service & Support strategy into impactful actionable plans for global training & enablement. Initially reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering, this position is responsible for the day-to-day success of the Service & Support team.
- Own and manage all Service & Support plans required to support system delivery & installation success at customer sites globally.
- Develop, source, and deliver highly effective training programs to field service and technical support teams.
- Lead and coordinate the regional field service teams to assure rapid response to customer service & support inquiries.
- Partner with Product Management, Product Development, Research and Development , and Software teams to design and develop internal and external training content and messaging.
- Organize and host technical training classes for Service & Support teams to support new feature/product releases.
- Drive the execution of product evaluation programs and act as the POC for service escalations.
- On-board and mentor new Service & Support team members to ensure they are capable and successful in the field.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Development to define and develop service product offerings & pricing strategy.
- Represent Service & Support function in Project Core Teams and provide input in all New Product Development projects, including stage gate approval for service readiness.
- Coordinate Spare Parts Inventory, timely dispatch of field personnel to perform maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting investigations.
- Own lifecycle service management for products, follow the product continuum from development to launch, maturity, and end of lifecycle.
- Manage all field communication, within service channels and end users, on product changes, updates, and conversions to ensure consistency across all regions.
- Establish support processes and drive standardization to ensure exceptional customer experience across all field resources globally.
- Actively collect, support & sustain engineering efforts as voice of customer for product improvement, design for service, and new product initiatives.
- Dispatch field service teams in support of update programs and escalations; track issues, maintain KPI dashboard, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering field - e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering .
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position and/or service-related experience within the life science/biotech fields.
- 3 - 5 years of experience leading Service & Support teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills.
- Excellent speaker with technical presentation skills to small groups and customers.
- Customer service excellence mind-set is a MUST.
- Experience with life science systems related service & support; including laboratory automation, analytical instrument, reagents, consumables, and software.
- Strong understanding of the New Product Introduction and New Product Development processes and experience with new product design & development.
- Ability to build and gain alignment among cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Experience with troubleshooting, problem-solving, and driving root cause analysis to resolution.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally for global field training.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Start-up mind-set is strongly preferred.
- Experience across the Product Support Lifecycle from launch to obsolescence.
- Previous experience with managing/developing/leading teams remotely and across multiple regions/geographies strongly preferred.
- Job located in South San Francisco
- Requires frequent travel among DNA Script corporate offices and client sites throughout regions of the US and Europe.
- Start date: Q3 2020