Director, Medical Science Liaisons, Neurology
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Medical Science Liaisons is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the Medical Science Liaison function, including direct management of the Associate Directors of MSLs. The Director oversees strategic and tactical planning working collaboratively with Commercial Operations, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs. The Director works regularly with key customers to expand professional relationships and represents Eisai at the highest level with key customer interfaces.
1. Provide leadership for the MSL function, as well as for Medical Affairs broadly by participating on cross-functional teams, leading to strategic planning and working collaboratively with Commercial Operations, including Sales, Marketing and Medical Affairs.
2. Ensure operational excellence of the MSL function, including corporate aligned objectives/tactics, cross-functional medical support, advocacy development of opinion leaders and facilitating clinical research to meet strategic development needs.
3. Development and general oversight management of the Annual Operating Plan for the Medical Science Liaison function.
4. Responsible for all aspects of developing individuals, which includes training, career evaluation, coaching, mentoring, and performance management. Participates in the talent review process.
5. Ensure compliance with regulatory and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and ensure compliance with Eisai policies and procedures and standard operating procedures.
6. Present critical medical and scientific information and to positively influence external customers, including but not limited to medical thought leaders, academic institutions and key medical payer customers.
7. Oversight of efforts for recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding new associates.
8. Extensive travel (approx. 60%), locally across the U.S. May include some international travel.
9. When necessary, travel overnight including within territory and to conferences, training and sales meetings.
* Advanced scientific terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD).
* Minimum of 12 years industry experience with minimum of 6 years in a Neuroscience related therapeutic area in the pharmaceutical industry overseeing a medical liaison team.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required.
* Strong personal integrity and customer focus are necessary.
* Ability to maintain morale of field based personnel, at a distance, as well as good interaction with office based medical affairs and PCU scientific staff.
* Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, PhRMA and other international regulatory/ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and to ensure compliance with these external, as well as internal, Eisai guidelines and standard operating procedures.
* Must be able to organize, prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
* Ability to interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms for the collection, review and dissemination of medical information.
* Ability to safely and successfully operate a motor vehicle is required.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work