Associate Director, Technical Programs
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Associate Director, Technical Programs
Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan consumer rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 25,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We're looking for an Associate Director, Technical Programs who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that's you, please read on.
As the Associate Director, Technical Programs, you will report to the Director of Data & ML Engineering while driving strategic programs interwoven with our Software Engineering, Product, QA and Marketing teams.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop strategic thought leadership and roadmaps for data, and competitive programs
- Design technology strategy and planning workshops based on business objectives and stakeholder analysis including adopting appropriate approach/methods, facilitation techniques, pre-work, artifacts and deliverables
- Drive key programs in fraud prevention, data acquisition and data privacy from ideation to production
- Understand and shape the company's short/mid/long-term technology strategy or technical programs and mission
- Build business cases and go-to-market strategies for emerging technologies and products
- Align processes, resources-planning and cross-functional goals with overall strategy
- Maintain deep and current knowledge of evolving social, technology, competitive and market trends
Preferred Background And Experience
- 10+ yrs of experience with MS/MBA in technology management, or technology/management consulting
- Current knowledge of emerging technologies across multiple verticals
- Ability to articulate leading data, technology and business issues and trends, including industry specific implications
- Ability to drive data and machine learning principles across the organization and in all services/systems that we build
- Ability to resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a creative and timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully
- Demonstrated track record as a trusted thought partner in an organization, with ability to turn information into effective strategies and executable plans
- Proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, not afraid to dive into detail and execute as needed
Skills And Attributes
- Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills
- Passionate about emerging technologies and services, their real world impact, and envisioning the future
- A fast learner with an entrepreneurial attitude
- A self-motivated critical thinker with the ability to execute at a high level
- Charismatic communicator with the ability to explain the business implications of new technologies and services
- Highly-skilled in effectively distilling information in both visual and text forms
- Analytical and strong organizational skills with excellent interpersonal communication skill
- Technical knowledge of market trends, innovation, and technologies
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Ability to lead technical discussions as it pertains to the product deployment and strategy
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.