Manufacturing Technician - GMP Upstream (1st Shift)
Molecular Templates is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of differentiated, targeted, biologic therapeutics for cancer. We believe our proprietary biologic drug platform technology, referred to as engineered toxin bodies, or ETBs, provides a differentiated mechanism of action that may address some of the limitations associated with currently available cancer therapeutics. ETBs utilize a genetically engineered form of Shiga-like Toxin A subunit, or SLTA, a ribosome inactivating bacterial protein, that can be targeted to specifically destroy cancer cells. Additional information about Molecular Templates can be obtained at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking an energetic and highly motivated professional to support upstream processing of therapeutic proteins. This position will perform functions related to production and GMP manufacturing operations, including execution of protein fermentation steps. Equipment, facility, process and people will be prepared to deliver quality ETBs, the next generation of immunotoxins, to patients in clinical trials. The Manufacturing Associate will provide on-the-floor execution to bioprocessing unit operations requiring attention to detail, working in a team environment and interest in learning about bioprocessing operations. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for adhering to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines, Good Manufacturing Practices and all safety requirements in a state-of-the-art biologics manufacturing facility.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform protein fermentation and associated manufacturing activities
- Document and verify production steps in accordance with manufacturing instructions
- Follow and adhere to production schedules and timelines
- Work cross-functionally to achieve team goals
- Partner with Quality Assurance personnel to deliver quality product
- Support and participate in improvement initiatives
- Communicate status and support key performance indicator achievement
- Ensure safety, compliance and Right-First-Time execution
- Execute room and equipment preparation for manufacturing operations
- Surface and communicate problems and identify solutions for operational challenges
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts to implement new technology, equipment and process improvements.
- High School degree or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
- 3 or more years of work experience in manufacturing or services setting required.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain production schedule.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and work under supervision.
- Ability to understand and exercise basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability and interest working in a fast-paced, high-growth team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40lb loads multiple times per shift and carry up to 30 lbs. Must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work 10 to 12-hour shifts and occasional weekend work.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to GMP Supervisor-Upstream.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Molecular Templates Inc https://mtem.isolvedhire.com