Based in Menlo Park, CA since 2018, Zai Lab U.S. is focused on discovering and developing novel therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. We are an innovative, research-based, commercial stage company, with over 700 employees worldwide and a diversified and strong pipeline poised for continued growth. This is an exciting time for us as we build our R&D Drug Discovery team and advance our global pipeline, aiming to produce 1-2 global INDs per year.
As part of the Pharmacology team in Menlo Park, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and utilizing in vivo studies using human and mouse cell lines and performing ex vivo analyses to support discovery and development of new therapeutics in oncology and immuno-oncology.
- Design and perform in vivo studies to test oncology and immune-oncology therapeutics.
- Hands-on work will include developing and optimizing xenograft and syngeneic tumor models, intravenous, intraperitoneal, and intragastric dosing of mice, and isolation and processing of mouse blood and tissue.
- Perform ex vivo analyses to examine drug pharmacodynamics and support biomarker discovery, including:
- Multi-color flow cytometry to examine tumor infiltrating immune cells
- Assays to examine target binding and downstream pathway modulation, including phosphoprotein and cytokine analyses
- Ability to perform in vitro work to support investigation of the mechanism of action of therapeutics, including:
- Cell-based assays, including viability, cytotoxicity, and proliferation of cancer cells and activation and cytotoxicity of immune cells
- Engineering human, murine, and other species cell lines and primary cells to generate knock-in, knock-out and overexpression
- Analyze and present data as a representative of the department on project teams.
- Work collaboratively on multiple projects concurrently and coordinate activities across functions
- MS with 3-5 years or BS with 5-10 years of relevant experience. Candidates with PhD will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- At least 2-5 years of hands-on in vivo experience running in vivo models of oncology and/or immuno-oncology is required.
- Expertise in handling and dosing animals, including intravenous, intraperitoneal, and intragastric administration, and mouse tissue and blood collection is required.
- Experience with animal models of auto-immunity and/or inflammation is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with various in vitro laboratory techniques, including multi-color flow cytometry, Western blot, qRT-PCR, ELISA, and immunohistochemistry is required.
- Expertise in development and implementation of cell-based assays is appreciated.
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, demonstrating multitasking capabilities.
- Excellent experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills are required.
- Great communication skills and team spirit is a must; ability to communicate results within pharmacology team and at project team meetings required.
- Previous industry experience is a plus.