Senior Manager, Payer Marketing -- Boston or Chicago
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world's most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
Ideally situated in the Chicago or Northeast US markets (Boston, etc.), and also open to remote candidates anywhere in greater United States
The Senior Manager, Payer Marketing, will be responsible for the development and execution of payer strategies across the payer types to include Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid for Trintellix. This individual will partner closely with marketing, sales, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, and across alliance partnership to ensure that the payer and access tactics are aligned with the overall brand strategy. Specifically, this individual will lead strategies and tactics related to addressing payer messages and tactics to support the brand strategic imperatives and lead the co-creation of the payer value proposition. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for addressing the access needs with specific focus on tactics, messages, analytics and solutions to address the barriers to optimize patient access. This individual will partner closely with the business effectiveness team to evaluate primary and secondary market research to identify trends and translate the data into effective insights that can inform actionable business needs. Furthermore, this individual will provide input into research questions that would effectively address the data needs hypothesize for the research study. The individual will have an understanding of contracting, factors contributing to the gross to net, and other financial inputs that impact the forecast. The role also will liaise with training to ensure effective sales force pull-through execution of Trintellix initiatives.
- In collaboration with the brand team and Sales partners, formulates strategy, identifies potential tactical initiatives, enhances promotional programs and develops metrics for measuring/improving program execution.
- Builds strong working relationships internally with brand team members, Sales, and other cross functional groups to accomplish team goals and support brand objectives.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of payer dynamics and its implications for physician and patient product adoption.
- Supports execution of marketing strategy by ensuring all activities are aligned with and executed in accordance with the larger strategic plan, and guides team on interpreting channel/brand marketing strategy into market access objectives and priorities.
- Monitors lessons learned based on historical marketing campaign performance and identifies implications to enhance the process/practice and gain approval on plans.
- Manages within budget expectations.
- Demonstrates high degree of communication to ensure effective execution of strategies and tactics.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Accredited Bachelor's degree
- Able to create and execute managed healthcare strategies, which includes the use of pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, Fingertip Formulary, MMIT, HSG, etc.)
- Able to address the access needs of physicians and create tactics that inform and educate the provider on access solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of access and payer marketing experience across Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Market/Payer Marketing, Analytics, or Marketing Research, in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to rollout marketing and training materials
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships and influence without authority
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Experience working with Alliance Partners
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% domestically. International travel may be required.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain diseases and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain diseases - we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
Our approximately 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programs and our products are available in more than 100 countries. Our research center is based in Denmark and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 18.1 billion in 2018 (EUR 2.4 billion; USD 2.8 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com and connect with us on Twitter at @Lundbeck and via LinkedIn.