Head of Global Marketing, OV935
Ovid Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OVID) is a New York-based biopharmaceutical company using its BoldMedicine™ approach to develop medicines that transform the lives of patients with rare neurological disorders. Ovid has a broad pipeline of potential first-in-class medicines. The company's lead investigational medicine, OV101, is currently in development for the treatment of Angelman syndrome and Fragile X syndrome. Ovid is also developing OV935/TAK-935 in collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited for the treatment of rare developmental and epileptic encephalopathies (DEE).
Summary & Purpose
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing the Head, Global Marketing for soticlestat (OV935) is responsible for the effective global prelaunch planning, market preparation (North America, Europe & Israel), and global launch planning for soticlestat (OV935) currently in development for developmental and epileptic encephalopathies (DEE). This position serves as the Global Brand Lead and will spearhead all global marketing activities related to soticlestat (OV935) with emphasis on the US, European and Israel Markets, supporting the other ex-US Regions through our partnership with Takeda.
- Provides support of the soticlestat (OV935) program, including input and development of the global brand strategy and development of the global brand plan.
- Provides alliance leadership and represents Ovid Therapeutics in all cross-functional meetings with our alliance partner Takeda.
- Identifies Market Research and insight needs for soticlestat (OV935) and works with internal/external partners to implement initiatives.
- Supports global budget, forecast, and P&L development.
- Provides input on strategy for publications, key congresses, and other go-to-market activities.
- Develops Life Cycle Management business cases and manages brand life cycle.
- Will play a pivotal role as a key leader of the cross-functional soticlestat (OV935) brand team.
- Builds and fosters relationships with the top-tier global key opinion leaders/experts, patient advocacy groups, and policy-making organizations groups.
- Builds strong, open and collaborative working relationships across functions, including Market Access, Supply Chain, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Finance, Compliance and Legal.
- Ensures milestone-gated market and product preparation plans are outlined and executed.
- Maintains industry awareness regarding market trends, competition, product acceptance, and new product release.
- Conducts regular feedback loops with key stakeholders to enhance collaboration and alignment.
- Represents Global Marketing on relevant cross-functional and regional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or similar field; MBA or graduate level degree desirable.
- 15 + Years of pharmaceutical experience with relevant global marketing and product launch experience.
- Global marketing and product launch experience in a rare disease area and/or in epilepsy desirable.
- Experience working with/within an alliance partnership.
- Extensive experience in the lifecycle management of a product from clinical development to commercialization.
- Commercial pharmaceutical experience outside of marketing function (e.g. sales, market access, etc.).
- The role will require significant cross-functional collaboration and interaction with senior leadership across the organization and with strategic partners. Collaborative leadership, as well as domain expertise, is a critical success factor for the role.
- Executive presence; effectively represent Ovid Therapeutics internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive, and self-motivated attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This job will be located either in Cambridge, MA or New York, NY.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, with a mix of domestic and international travel.
Show more Show less