At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge transfer and retention.
- Conduct training needs analyses, rapid prototyping/testing proof of concepts, developing maintenance plans, and developing continuous improvement processes based on post-assessment feedback.
- Provide instructional design guidance to subject matter experts during design, development, and pilot phases of projects.
- Develop design documents, storyboards, audio scripts, graphic images, communications, and other supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.).
- Collaborate with cross-function teams to develop innovative learning solutions to support various PD education programs.
- Review and evaluate existing training programs to make recommendations for enhancements, revisions, and product sunsetting.
- Continuously analyze participation and performance data tooptimize the product portfolio and user experience.
- Apply knowledge of blended learning and state-of-the-art learning technologies to the development of training curriculum and materials.
- Redesign courses for online presentations that are conducive to distance learning programs while still adhering to the academic goals of the instructor-led training.
- Support training plans and create and support system maintenance plans as required.
- Assist in determining the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Coordinate, develop, and distribute learning materials (e-learning, manuals, job aids, Train the Trainer materials, etc.).
- Provide support to Subject Matter Experts and learners.
- Apply "fit-for-purpose" blended learning and state-of-the-art learning technologies to the development of training curricula and materials.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, creates and manages tactical project timelines, contribute to project status meetings.
- Work with communications teams to support training deployments.
- Provide input to the selection of tools and technologies for training development.
- Write course descriptions for PD's SharePoint site and technology platforms in partnership with subject matter experts and marketing.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
ID may also be asked to perform the following activities as required:
- Partner with PD Functional Areas to develop and deploy role-based "right-sized" curricula as necessary to support the capability learning needs of PD functional areas.
- Assist with the authoring of PD-level training-related procedural documents.
- Assist the PD power-user for the electronic Learning Management System (i.e., SuccessFactors) and evaluation tools (i.e., Pedagogue).
- Analyze training data to provide crisp and accurate assessment reports as required for training compliance using a variety of tools and formats.
- Support the PD knowledge expert for electronic procedural document management systems (e.g., PDHQ).
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar.
- Minimum 5 years' of instructional design experience (analysis, storyboarding, etc.) or equivalent ID experience obtained within the bachelor program.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, and audio/video scripts are required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning, knowledge of instructional design, and familiar with the ADDIE model.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office suite that includes in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and Project is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use content development tools is required. These tools could include Articulate 360 or Adobe Creative Suites.
- Solid knowledge of at least one Learning Management System is required.
- Experience in the delivery of learning through various modalities is required (Instructor-Led (classroom), virtual classroom, eLearning, Social/Mobile Learning, micro-learning) is required.
- Project Management skills are required.
- Experience in a fast-paced technology inspired culture with the ability to work in a dynamic environment, consistently demonstrating positive business acumen is required.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are highly desired.
- Familiarity with Basic HTML5 programming knowledge and Adobe Creative Suite or Articulate Storyline is highly desired.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills are highly desired.
- Experience with SharePoint and graphic design is highly desired.
- Strong expertise in GMP, compliance, and regulatory requirements is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a regulated (i.e., pharmaceutical) environment is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the drug development process is highly desired.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.