Director of Due Diligence and Integration
Director of Due Diligence and Integration
Ipsen Bioscience, Inc.
The Director of Due Diligence and Integration will be responsible for overseeing due diligence of new assets and integration of the acquired assets into the Ipsen organization. This individual will be collaborating with key stakeholders in the organization external innovation, business development, Therapeutic Unit Heads, R&D and commercial colleagues to run a seamless diligence, mergers & acquisition and integration.
- Work closely with key stakeholders within R&D to ensure we have representation from all R&D stakeholders (Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, PharmDev, Finance, IP etc) for the early evaluation and full due diligence of assets
- Work closely with colleagues in project management and finance to build models of R&D cost structure for different modalities, therapeutic areas and stages of drug development
- Ensure there is thorough review of science, modality, MoA, clinical feasibility, all R&D functional information in the data rooms, inter-dependencies of the findings and risks
- Works closely with colleagues in external innovation/business development to channel the asset review through the PC governance process. Ensures presentations at the governance showcase the deep dive into the asset, highlighting risks, risk mitigation, value to the patients, competitive landscape and full business case
- Ensure all relevant business functions provide/sign off on all financial, operational and technical language in our BD contracts are reviewed by key people in R&D (SVP External Innovation, Pharmaceutical Development, Finance, etc.)
- Partner with Ipsen Due Diligence team as main R&D contact point
- Collaborate with acquisition team to assist in transaction and develop knowledge necessary to create integration plan
- Partner with management and staff of acquired businesses to execute integration plan, assimilate into Ipsen, and achieve targets during integration/transition phase
- Work closely with all relevant functions (IT, Finance, HR, R&D, Sales, Marketing and Operations) at Ipsen (as necessary) to build and execute integration plans.
- Work hand in hand with Finance to ensure assets are accounted for in the appropriate manner
- Build roadmap and integrations plan templates that can create repeatable processes. Tailor integration
- plans based on specifics of individual acquisitions
- Lead execution of all aspects of integration plans according to established targets
- Assist in execution of business initiatives during integration/transition period to ensure achievement of financial goals and leading indicators
- Serve as visible leader and representative from Ipsen to demonstrate culture, values of organization, and welcome new colleagues
- Master's, PhD Degree in Science. MBA is a plus.
- 10-15+ years' experience in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry and / with experience and understanding of the drug development process
- Experience working within 1-2 functional area such as Clinical, Preclinical, CMC or Regulatory Affairs would be considered beneficial.
- 5+ yrs experience in managing due diligence in pharmaceutical/biotech, Mergers & Acquisition and integration of assets into organizations
- Strong strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player with a proven background of leading through influence
- Organized and detail oriented
- Project management skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams for scientific and medical projects, setting clear goals and meeting timelines. Ability to manage conflict.
- Problem-solving: The ability to analyze, solve problems and propose solutions in complex situations are essential skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Objective, ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and executive presence
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.","datePosted":"2020-07-31T00:00:00.000Z