Associate Director, ED&I
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Associate Director of ED&I will operationalize the enterprise vision, direction and strategy for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) at AbbVie within a specific business or function. The AD of ED&I is also responsible for creating and driving unique solutions to address business specific Equality, Diversity and Inclusion concepts.
- Provides leadership for design and implementation of an effective and ongoing D&I projects/programs and training /education content including identifying industry best practices and processes to support the D&I strategy.
- Monitor, evaluate, and improve Executive and PIF Mentoring Programs.
- Blend an analytic approach that is metrics-focused with ability and history of using data and analytics to develop, communicate and evaluate D&I solutions
- Drive the alignment between the Diversity & Inclusion plan and AbbVie's business strategy.
- Drive relevance of Diversity & Inclusion through strong communication and transparency
- Provides leadership, management, and guidance in the area of racial, ethnic, and/or gender diversity to the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Diversity/Leadership Councils, leaders and employees.
- Cultivate an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced and developed and where all employees feel valued and have equal
- Partner with Business HR to respond to issues that are D&I-related and to strengthen the behaviors that develops diverse leaders and embeds D&I into our culture proactively increase opportunities in inclusion.
- Establish and build external relationships to enhance the AbbVie brand through networking, university relationships, diversity organizations and conference attendance.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, Human Resources or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience; with demonstrated Superior knowledge of the diversity agenda and best practices. Experience in Diversity & Inclusion, Culture or Human Resources preferred.
- Solid understanding of diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace, including employee resource groups, unconscious bias, and supplier diversity. Commitment to building a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Proven track record of leading and implementing larger-scale global programs and projects. Demonstrates high organization and detail orientation with the ability to multi-task and handle heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills plus interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results
- Ability to analyze and see patterns in data and information to create proactive solutions. Ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into concise and meaningful reports. Possess highly developed analytical skills to understand complex data and to provide insights.
- Excellent convincing and influencing skills with high credibility in senior management.
- Deals effectively with difficult situations, negotiates persuasively, has a clear opinion and conveys ideas to the point.
- Ability to work in and thrive in a changing business environment. Demonstrated experience operating within a large, complex, matrixed organization is preferred.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.