Sr. Associate, Pilot Plant
Amgen is seeking an experienced Senior Associate to execute a variety of production and technology related operations in a pilot plant setting. This position will directly support the Amgen Massachusetts, Cambridge Pilot Plant, which provides a collaborative environment to develop and test new technologies and applications. The pilot plant also provides critical technical support for technology transfers, process development, and scale-up / scale-down activities.
The pilot plant prototypes and develops new technologies to support advancement of Amgen's equipment and operations for current and future biologic facilities. This Senior Associate will play a key role in performing hands on evaluations and forming collaborations both internal to Amgen and with Vendors to advance upstream and downstream processing capabilities. In addition, the applicant may perform new product introductions, technology transfer, experimental design, equipment commissioning, and participate in equipment design. The applicant will analyze data, process results, summarize findings, and identify challenges to future commercial processes. The applicant will communicate results through internal presentations, authoring standard operating procedures, document results in electronic lab notebooks, manufacturing procedures, and technical reports. The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated analytical, project management, and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will also be able to work off hours or non-standard shifts.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing, process development or quality experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing, process development or quality experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing, process development or quality experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biological Engineering, or related field
- Strong knowledge of both upstream and downstream operations
- Strong understanding and experience with single use systems and technology
- Strong math and computer skills and the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
- Energetic and technically-minded, with strong interpersonal and organizational skills - 3+ years of experience in Life Sciences field
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and applications, and various new technologies
- Work effectively in team and/or project environments, with previous experience in leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- An established record of championing a culture of safety in a lab or manufacturing setting
- Experienced in performing bioprocess unit operations in cell culture
- Knowledge in troubleshooting process equipment issues including automation control strategies. Specific hands on experience with Delta V strongly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading Operational Excellence (OE) efforts to drive efficiency and safety
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.