Associate Director, Operational Excellence
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence (OpEx), the Associate Director OpEx leads and collaborates with sites, functions and the greater OpEx network on developing and implementing strategies that drive a continuous Improvement culture. This position will lead the identification and execution of strategic and operational priorities across GPS (Global Product Development and Supply) in support of exceeding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance. In order to achieve this, it will be critical that this position work with leaders across GPS to meet business objectives and build the foundations to drive continuous, sustainable, flawless execution and performance improvement.
- Apply Continuous Improvement and Lean tools to consistently improve performance, reduce waste and drive productivity across GPS sites and functions.
- Improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance through:
- Business Process Improvement - Define, optimize and maintain end to end business processes
- Lead workshops, Kaizen, DMAIC, PDCA and Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Deployment of Governance Systems
- Deployment of Visual Management Systems
- Root cause problem solving
- Optimization of Labor, Facility, and Space Utilization
- Identification of Meaningful Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Continuous Improvement Education and Training
- Continuous Improvement Project Intake and Prioritization
- Build organizational capability and provide training/coaching
- Lead cross functional teams in understanding the current condition of assigned processes / systems, develop target condition, establish plans to close the gap and coach teams to successfully achieve value capture
- Driving Change Management to promote a culture and mindset of operational excellence and continuous improvement across GPS and embedding it into daily work
- Building, maintaining and leveraging relationships across the matrix to identify opportunities for process improvement and facilitate the implementation of measurement and management systems
- Coaching / mentoring of stakeholders, team members and GPS employees at all levels to support them through the adoption of lean principles and practices
- Build organizational capabilities and deploy OpEx training in support of achieving organizational priorities
Professional experience and qualifications:
- Scientific or Engineering Bachelor's degree required
- Lean or Six Sigma experience required. Black belt certification preferred
- 10 + years' experience in a high tech/manufacturing environment (Pharmaceutical/Med Device Industry experience preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations / Operational Excellence roles applying "lean" principles
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing portfolio of projects and in leading change through others to achieve operational excellence.
- Track record of success in the rigorous planning, execution and timely delivery of enterprise level projects and programs
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems in manufacturing and business processes. Proven innovation & opportunity identification translated to tangible initiatives and successful value capture
- Builds relationships, able to negotiate & influence, and manage change in a global matrix environment
- Demonstrated proficiency and passion for lean methodology, tools and manufacturing process improvement
- Exceptional skills in leadership, coaching, analytical problem solving and strong business acumen
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Up to ~30% travel (domestic and International)
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.