Gladstone is seeking a professional, in-house photographer to join our talented and growing creative team. The ideal candidate will help Gladstone shape our fast-evolving brand with a strong eye toward storytelling. As the in-house photographer, you will stay on the forefront of trends in the field and generate ideas that keep our photography feeling contemporary. This involves working closely with the art director in formulating direction for shoots, frequently working directly with the entire team, sometimes working directly for internal clients, and also capable of working independently on all aspects of a project. Candidates will possess a strong attention to detail and technical ability.
- Organize and shoot photography/video for all Gladstone publications (print and digital) and social media. This coverage includes, but is not limited to events, portraits, and editorial subjects, in various locations.
- Post-production for all digital images and video, as well as for submission to scientific journals (scanned gel sections and microscopy images).
- Participate in creative brainstorms/pre-production meetings with team members and/or art director.
- Ability to maintain and manage our in-house equipment: maintain all cameras, lenses, battery packs, studio equipment, and other equipment; source new equipment and provide ongoing equipment upgrade and purchase research.
- Provide and maintain employee photos for photo boards, intranet, and identification badges.
- Adhere to and maintain file naming conventions, file management, metadata, and quality control.
- Develop a calendar for all photography production needs, working closely with the team to proactively understand future needs.
- Other related tasks and duties as assigned
- Established portfolio of portrait photography having a range from compelling corporate photography to a photojournalist style.
- Able to develop and consistently execute a strong photographic style that reinforces brand values.
- Strong understanding of color management for all forms of final output.
- Advanced experience with high professional-grade inkjet printers.
- Professional photo retouching experience.
- A command of best practices for data asset management/archiving.
- Can design, set up, and effectively use various types of lighting equipment as needed.
- Ability to work as part of a creative team: Take direction but also independently motivated-give constructive, but critical, feedback, as well as accepting critical review and respond accordingly.
- Expert knowledge of a fully digital workflow for print, web/digital platforms, and video rendering.
- Ability to clearly communicate creative intent (i.e., storyboarding, sketches, comps) to a broad range of collaborators or clients.
- Enthusiasm for learning and a genuine interest in the biomedical field.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field or relevant professional experience.
3+ years of experience as a professional photographer and digital media preparation.
Possess the desire and ability to be trained on other digital mediums, such as video.
Salary with be commensurate with experience.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.