Senior Project Manager, PMO
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Project Manager will be a part of the Device BU Program Management Office (PMO) working on portfolio wide technology and process solutions as well as a training program to support and enhance best project management practices within the R&D project teams. The position will work to identify issues facing project teams and will work collaboratively with cross functional leadership teams to develop innovative solutions.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with Director of PMO to build PMO structure, tools and resources to support portfolio of R&D projects
- Identify best project management technology/ software practices and implement across project teams
- Optimize current available tools for project team implementation
- Identify issues facing project teams and work with cross-functional management teams to develop solutions to improve current Emergent processes
- Identify and implement tools to support more effective financial reporting, timeline tracking and resource planning
- Establish a training plan for PMO tools and Emergent processes used regularly by PMs
- Develop and defend new PMO solutions to management for funding and approval
- Serve as liaison between project teams and PMO - working to understand project team needs to develop thoughtful and innovative solutions
- Establish and lead sub-teams to achieve PMO tasks and goals
- Create and manage complex, integrated project plans and Gantts using MS Project
- Develop and manage project PMO MS Teams and SharePoint site content
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- BS in biological science preferred
- Advanced degree in business, project management or science preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- 8 plus years of project or program management experience within a structured PMO required
- Experience managing and working with medical device or drug product teams
- General understanding of pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry
- Excellent leadership, team, interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and innovation skills
- Strong skills working with Microsoft Teams, OneNote and SharePoint required
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office software including Project, Visio, Word, Excel and Power Point are required
- PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.