Project Manager (MES & MFG Systems)
Performs tasks related to the management of manufacturing IT projects including the implementation of the MES system for large scale bulk API production in Rensselaer NY. The role will be the primary collaborator between manufacturing and IT to collaborate on the implementation of systems, coordination of changes and upgrades, improving the digital maturity of the plant, and prioritization of business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements for the manufacturing department
• Manage the implementation of a MES system (Werum PAS-X) for the bulk API large-scale manufacturing department on the Rensselaer Site
• Ensure consistency and alignment with other global MES deployments
• Coordinate with leaders across the business to drive standardization and best practices in manufacturing IT programs, both in technology and approach.
• Work with the IT group to coordinate and manage changes and improvements to existing manufacturing IT systems
• Translate business requirements to software solutions
• Provide internal SME focused training
• Take ownership of manufacturing databases
• Support manufacturing leadership in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communication, leadership and motivational skills
• Strong attention to details
• Ability to build effective working relationships throughout the organization
• Ability to effectively communicate issues and ideas with peers and with management
• Ability to facilitate meetings with cross-functional teams
• Ability to operate independently within a tight deadline environment
• Is a high energy self-starter with a resilient, can-do attitude
• Ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment
Education and Experience:
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Management, or related field required, and 8+ years of relevant experience for an Associate Project Manager, 10+ years for a Project Manager. MS degree preferred
• Relevant experience managing IT projects required
• Prior knowledge of biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations preferred
• Experience with the implementation of manufacturing execution systems, preferably Werum PAS-X
• Experience with other manufacturing related systems such as ERP, APS, or LIMS preferred
• Experience with change management in a GMP industry preferred
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.