R&D Associate-VI Next - Oligonucleotides
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated associate to join our new group dedicated to the drug discovery and technology development specifically in the area of oligonucleotide therapeutics such as antisense oligonucleotides and siRNAs. The responsibilities of this position include crafting and screening of oligonucleotide candidates as well as carry out research on technology development to improve chemistry and delivery of nucleic acid therapeutics.
As the R&D Associate, Oligonucleotides, a typical day might include the following:
- Maintaining and culturing cell lines and primary cells and generating stable cell lines as vital
- Developing analyses to test oligonucleotide drug candidates such as siRNAs/ASOs using cell-based activity assays (cell migration, viability, microscopy, flow cytometry, FRET)
- Crafting protocols to test for novel delivery techniques for oligonucleotides based on antibodies, peptides, and other conjugates
- Working on developing tissue specific delivery platforms for nucleic acid therapeutics
- Collaborating with the synthetic chemistry group to optimize chemistry of nucleic acid drug candidates
- Performing basic molecular biology and biochemistry tasks including PCR, cloning, western blot, etc.
- Writing study reports and maintaining accurate electronic records to then present data at internal /external meetings
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are detail-oriented and can think creatively
- You have a deep knowledge of biology and biochemistry, specifically, tissue culture
- You can prioritize multiple tasks and are data-driven
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a bachelor's degree with 2-5 years of relevant experience or a master's degree with 1-2 years of experience. Experience with PCR techniques and data analysis are required while previous work with siRNA/ASOs is desirable. Involvement in cell-based screening assays, such as ELISA, luciferase, fluorescence and Western blotting are all required. Flow cytometry experience is a plus. We need someone who has basic skills in molecular biology and cloning and has a fundamental knowledge in gene transcription and protein translation, RNA splicing, as well as gene expression regulation.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.