Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Cell Biology
Who we are
Atreca is an integrated biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California. We apply our proprietary drug discovery platform to profile clinically relevant, active B cell responses in patients receiving successful treatment and, in turn, develop a portfolio of antibody therapeutics against novel tumor targets with the potential to treat large patient populations. Atreca seeks talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented Sr. Research Associate/ Associate Scientist with experience in flow cytometry and immunology to perform assay development and to sort immune cells into microplates. The candidate’s past experience with high-throughput cell sorting and immune cell biology will support our differentiated discovery platform as well as identify novel drivers of effective immune responses.
The successful candidate will able to work independently with minimal supervision to generate high quality data in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine sorting of immune cells into microplates for single cell sequencing
- Perform experiments for immune- and cell biology-based assay/method development
- Assist in refining and developing of experiment protocols and prepare SOPs
- Analyze and present data to team members
- Assist in inventory management and purchasing
- Assist in lab space management and organization
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. in immunology, cell biology or related discipline plus 5 years relevant experience in industry or academia.
- M.Sc. in immunology, cell biology or related discipline plus 3 years relevant experience in industry or academia
- Experience with fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS) and flow cytometry is required
- Experience with BD FACSAria or FACSAria Fusion to perform immune cell sorting is required
- Knowledge and prior experience with performing cell-based assays in evaluating antibody function and activity a plus
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures, cell-based assays, immunology and cancer biology
- Experience in BSL 2 environments
- Excellent critical thinking, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and recordkeeping skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate data in a timely and organized manner
- Ability to support multiple activities/ projects and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills